Chicken noodle soup is a comforting classic. This homemade chicken noodle soup makes a delicious soup recipe full of chicken, noodles, and a simple broth.
If you asked me my favorite chicken soup recipe, I’d have to say my Grandmother’s Southern Chicken and Dumplings. Without a doubt. But then sometimes I want a basic soup I can have ready for my family in minutes or if someone doesn’t feel well in our house. That’s when I make this simple chicken noodle soup. A soup so ordinary it could go without so much as a notice. Except when I make it, regardless of what ails me, I feel better!
We especially love it when we have a cold or just plain don’t feel well. A bowl of this soup, a blanket and a fire in the fireplace are just the right medicine.
But really, you don’t have to not feel well to love it!
Here’s how I make this chicken noodle soup.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 package egg noodles (16-ounce package)
- Place chicken in large stockpot, cover with water, and boil until tender.
- Pour egg noodles into stockpot.
- Stir gently to prevent from sticking.
- Place lid on stockpot and allow to cook for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.