Twice baked potatoes make any meal an event! No matter how simple the other dishes I serve, when I include twice baked potatoes, I always know everyone will remember the meal. But I will tell ya, a twice baked potato alongside a perfect steak and a capri salad will earn me big smiles from my boys. And that’s the best review this Mom hopes for in a meal.
Here’s how I make them.
- 4 baking potatoes
- ½ cup butter
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 4 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- garnish – additional 4 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Scrub potatoes under warm water.
- Brush lightly with olive oil and wrap in aluminum foil.
- Place directly on rack of oven.
- Bake 45 minutes until tender when squeeze with oven mitt.
- Cut potatoes in half.
- Scoop inside of potato, leaving ¼ inch around the edge of the potato to allow to hold shape.
- Place scooped potato contents into a large bowl along with remaining ingredients.
- Mix with mixer until well-combined.
- Spoon contents back into potato skins.
- Garnish with additional bacon crumbles.
- Place in oven preheated to 350 degrees and cook approximately 15 minutes.