Black Bean and Steak Soup is one of my favorite soup recipes. It’s so hearty and filling and just down right delicious.
One of the best things about my black bean and steak soup recipe is that it can be ready in about 30 minutes once the steak has marinated, making it perfect for a busy weeknight or even a relaxed weekend supper.
Don’t you just love meals like that?
The kind of meal that you can get home and quickly throw together that your family loves? I know I do. And now that the weather has turned chilly, I love warm, comforting meals like this soup even more.
Here’s the recipe for my Black Bean and Steak Soup. I hope you love it as much as we do!
- 2 ribeye steaks
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans (I use Bush’s)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup beef stock
- Mix together dry ingredients through black pepper and rub onto ribeye steaks. Place steaks into a ziptop bag and place in the refrigerator to marinate at least one hour to overnight, preferred, but can be done right before cooking.
- Heat skillet or grill pan over medium heat. Drizzle lightly with olive oil. Remove steaks from the ziptop bag and place into the skillet or on the grill pan. Sear on each side for about 3-5 minutes per side. Set aside and allow to rest as the soup is cooking.
- Add onion to skillet and saute until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Pour black beans into medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and beef stock. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Slice steak into thin slices or into bite-sized pieces and place into soup.
- Serve warm with sour cream and shredded cheese.