It just had to happen. I just had to share my love for my topping my recipe for The Best Chocolate Cake with Fudge Icing. Let me just tell you friends, it is out of this ever loving world. And so, so, so, so, so simple. You are going to love me for this little taste of chocolate cake heaven.
However, this chocolate cake should totally come with a warning label that reads, “Highly Addictive! Taste at your own risk!”
You may also need to become close friends with your running shoes and hide those scales when you make this chocolate cake my friends. Hey, I’m just telling you the truth. That’s what friends do, right?
Another tactic that I like to use whenever I make this chocolate cake with fudge icing is to make sure there will be plenty of people around my house to enjoy it. I make it for holidays, when my son has friends coming over, and I always love to send some home with them as they start to head out the door. In other words, I don’t want to be alone with this stuff by myself. It truly wouldn’t be a good thing for my hips. But oh boy, my lips sure would love me forever.
You’ve just got to make it for yourself. And er, 12 of your closest friends! You’ll be safe that way.
Here’s my recipe for Chocolate Cake with Fudge Icing. I hope you love it.
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Prepare rimmed kitchen sheet pan (21″ x 15″) with nonstick baking spray or by coating with shortening and dusting lightly with flour, being sure to remove all excess flour.
- Prepare The Best Chocolate Cake batter as directed and pour into rimmed sheet pan. Use an offset spatula to make sure the batter is distributed evenly. Place in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the cake slightly pulls away from the edges and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cake. Allow the cake to cool slightly, about 10-15 minutes.
- While the cake is cooling, prepare the Fudge Icing recipe as directed. Pour the icing over the top of the cake, making sure to pour over the entire cake and allow it to coat. Only spread with a knife or offset spatula if absolutely needed because it will change the look of the icing on the cake.
- Allow the cake and icing to cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Cut into individual pieces and serve.