Black Eyed Pea Dip makes a flavorful appetizer. Made with just three ingredients, this black eyed pea dip couldn’t much easier or more delicious!
Black eyed peas are one of my favorite pantry staple foods. You can soak dried black eyed peas overnight and cook them during the day for a tasty traditional dish with cornbread and can make so many other delicious dishes.
A favorite of mine is to make this simple and easy spicy black eyed pea dip. I have to tell you though, I cheat a little in making this. I use canned black eyed peas and a canned spicy diced tomato blend, like Ro-tel. It goes together so quickly and even makes a delicious topping to go along with cooked greens or bread.
Here’s how I make it.
Drain one can of black eyed peas and then empty into a bowl.
Add a can of drained diced spicy tomatoes with chilis.
Mix together and pour into a small baking dish.
Top with grated cheese and bake until bubbly.
Serve with tortilla chips or spoon over a side of greens.
- 1 15-ounce can black eyed peas, drained
- 1 10-ounce can diced tomatoes with chilis, drained
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Mix together black eyed peas and tomatoes.
- Pour into a small baking dish.
- Top with grated cheese and bake until bubbly, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.