Buffalo Chicken Salad makes a delicious, flavorful salad that has all the flavor of buffalo wings and the freshness of a salad! Ready in 20 minutes!
This week, we’re back into our school and work routines after a long break for Christmas and New Years. I’ll be honest. It’s tough, while being therapeutic. There’s something about the fresh start of a brand new year and a brand new semester of school that is like the wiping the slate clean to start anew. I love that feeling.
It also is the time of year where I, like most everyone else I know, am trying to get my family’s meals back in line after all of the rich, holiday meals that seemed to be nonstop since Thanksgiving. That’s where this salad comes into the picture.
While we love salads, it sure is shakes things up a bit to where I love them even more when I add a bold flavor to them like in this buffalo chicken salad. The spiciness of the buffalo chicken is tamed a bit by blue cheese crumbles and either blue cheese or ranch dressing that we serve on it.
On the table in 20 minutes, this is one salad stays at the top of my must-make list!
Here’s my Buffalo Chicken Salad recipe. I hope you love it as much as we do!
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, sliced into ½-inch strips or 12 chicken tenderloins
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1½ teaspoons vinegar
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- blue cheese crumbles
- blue cheese or ranch dressing
- Place chicken tenders in a zip top bag. In a separate bowl, mix together melted butter, hot sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce until well-combined. Pour half of mixture over chicken tenders, close bag and make sure the sauce coats each piece of chicken well. Place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour up to overnight. Refrigerate remaining buffalo sauce in an airtight container.
- When ready to cook, heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Remove chicken tenders from zip top bag and place into skillet. Cook for about 5-7 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- While chicken is finishing cooking, pour remaining buffalo sauce over chicken tenders while in the skillet. Turn chicken tenders in buffalo sauce until well-coated.
- Remove chicken from skillet and serve on a large salad with your favorite salad toppings and dressing.
Hope you enjoy this as much as we d0!
Note: If you don’t have time to marinate your chicken tenders overnight, you’ll still get plenty of flavor from pouring the buffalo sauce over your chicken tenders as they finish cooking in the skillet. I would recommend cooking them a bit longer in the sauce if you did not marinate them though.
(Originally published, April 9, 2012. Republished January 8, 2015)