My Grandmother’s Pineapple Squares were always one of my favorite treats. Simple to make, her pineapple squares are bright with pineapple flavor!
The other morning I woke up thinking about these pineapple squares. I couldn’t get them out of my mind. Rich, flaky, and full of that sweet pineapple flavor. I knew I just had to make them or they’d haunt me until I did.
And of course, I just have to share the recipe with you.
You are going to love them, too.
Simple, easy, and down right yummy!
Here’s how I make them.
Mix together butter, flour, and confectioner’s sugar and press into the bottom of a baking dish.
Bake until lightly browned. Remove from the oven and set aside.
Mix together your eggs and sugar. Pour in a can of pineapple tidbits along with the juice.
Add in your flour.
And then your baking powder and cornstarch. Mix all together well.
Pour on top of crust and then pop back into the oven.
I’m going to warn you, your kitchen is going to smell absolutely amazingly delicious and tropical during this step.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
Now, sprinkle liberally with confectioner’s sugar.
Go ahead, you can always use the excuse that it makes it look prettier that way.
Run a knife along the edge of your baking dish to help release the squares from the dish.
Then go ahead an make it easy on everyone and cut the squares so they can immediately gobble them up.
Cause they will.
Here’s Grandmother’s Pineapple Squares recipe.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup confectioner’s sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 18-ounce can pineapple tidbits (with juice)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup confectioner’s sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Mix together butter, flour, and confectioner’s sugar.
- Press into the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- Filling :
- Mix together eggs, sugar, pineapple along with juice, flour, baking powder, and cornstarch.
- Pour over baked crust.
- Bake 25 minutes in 350º oven.
- Remove from oven and dust with confectioner’s sugar.
- Allow to cool, cut into squares, and serve.