Easy Cream Cheese Mints Recipe come together quickly and melt in your mouth! These no bake mints make a holiday and party favorite!
I remember as a little girl zeroing in on the location of these cream cheese mints anytime there was a bridal or baby shower, tea, or any other event or holiday where these little mints made an appearance.
Sometimes they were tinted blue, pink, red or green for whichever occasion they were made to celebrate and sometimes they were left unadorned with just the simple mark from fork tines and a random dusting of confectioner’s sugar that fell off of the fork as it was pressed into the top of each mint.
And as much as I loved these little mints as a young girl, I love them even more now as an adult. I’m not sure if it is because of the pure nostalgia of them or that I can appreciate their taste a whole lot more now than I remember doing as I stood guard over them as a young girl.
But let me just tell you, they couldn’t be simpler to make and they are perfect for any get together – make that every get together!
You can easily make them without, but I love the look of them made with a cookie press. You simply add the mint dough to your cookie press fitted with your choice of shape and press them as you would spritz cookies. Then, allow them to dry for about 2 1/2 hours or more and then carefully remove them from the sheet pan with a metal spatula.
Here’s my family’s Cream Cheese Mints recipe. I hope your family loves them as much as mine always has!
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 cups sifted confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- Mix cream cheese, butter, confectioners sugar, and extract until well-combined and a dough is formed. Roll into small balls. Place on parchment paper. Press each ball with tines of fork dipped in confectioners sugar. Allow to stand at room temperature for 2½ hours. Store in an airtight container and refrigerate up to 2 weeks.