Last summer, we took about two or three weeks off as our summer break as we finished second grade and went into third. That gave me time to finalize all of the reports for our permanent records, clear away items that we wouldn’t be using for our third grade year and getting all of our third grade materials prepared for the first day of school.
This year, things are going to be just a wee bit different.
We’re taking a longer break.
We both need it.
We need lazy mornings of sleeping late, days spent just hanging out, and playing with cousins by the pool.
But today I started thinking I should open the door to the school room and start getting it ready for fourth grade. The closets need clearing out and curriculum needs to be planned and organized.
- Make a volcano that erupts
- Spend as much time as possible reading good books together
- Run through the sprinklers
- Make homemade bubbles
- Watch movies on the porch
- Spend time in the garden
- Go exploring in the woods
- Make slime
- Play with Mindstorms
- Make our own movies
- Eat as many watermelon as possible
- Build a fort in the playing room
- Enjoy every single moment
What are you doing this summer?