Peppermint chocolate chip cookies? Seriously? Oh my heavens, YES!
This time of year, you can find various brands of chocolate peppermint candies that are already made into chip size pieces or that you can easily chop really quickly. They make the perfect additions for these oh so delicious peppermint chocolate chip cookies. I promise.
Actually, we love them so much that they turn up throughout the year and not just through the holidays. With their combination of peppermint, chocolate, and a chewy cookie base, they are perfect with a cold glass of milk or a warm mug of hot chocolate.
While you could also simply mix together crushed candy canes and chocolate chips, that is far from my favorite way to make these cookies. I feel like they stick to my teeth and makes it hard to actually enjoy the cookie. Totally a personal little issue. If you don’t mind it, totally go that route. They’ll be super cute with the flecks of candy cane showing through. But, if you are like me, definitely grab a few bags of the chocolate peppermint baking bits. They’ll make your holiday baking so much merrier. Well, they do mine, anyway.
So, enough about my crazy cookie preferences. Here’s my Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe. I think you’ll love them all year long, but especially through the holidays. Who knows, they may be Santa’s favorite, too!
- 1 cup butter
- 1½ cups brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ cups peppermint chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º Fahrenheit.
- Cream butter then add sugars and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Mix until well-combined.
- Add flour, salt, and baking soda to butter mixture.
- Mix well and then stir in peppermint chocolate chips.
- Scoop chocolate chip cookie dough onto a cookie sheet spacing well apart to allow room for the cookie to spread lightly.
- Bake for about 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
Hope you love ’em. Merry Christmas!