This Roasted Broccolini recipe makes a quick and easy side dish recipe perfect for weeknight meals! One simple step makes your broccolini tender and tasty!
I love simple side dish recipe that I can serve with practically anything from chicken to beef or even pasta. And this broccolini recipe is one that I can depend on! Thankfully, it couldn’t be much simpler!
You practically just toss it all onto a baking sheet and roast. For years though, my broccolini was still a little tough when I’d serve it and not one of our favorites. Then, I realized that I needed to give it just a little bit of help to soften up before I roasted it.
Here’s what I do.
I arrange my broccolini onto my rimmed baking sheet and then drizzle with olive oil. Then, I add a good sprinkle of kosher salt and a few cranks from the pepper grinder to the top of the broccolini.
Here comes the step that makes for tender, yet not mushy broccolini.
I cover the pan well with foil and bake for about 10 minutes. This lets broccolini more tender. Then, I take the foil off of the baking sheet and turn up the temperature to the oven. Doing so roasts the broccolini and gives it a delicious flavor.
Once the broccolini is roasted throughout, I remove it from the oven and top it with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. You can skip the Parmesan cheese if you prefer, but oh my goodness is it delicious!
Here’s my Roasted Broccolini recipe. I hope you love it as much as we do!
- 2 bunches broccolini, stems trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Arrange the broccolini on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover the baking sheet with foil. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the foil from the baking sheet. Increase the temperature of the oven to 450º F and roast the broccolini until the florets turn lightly brown and the stems are fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with fresh Parmesan cheese, if using.