Southern Pecan Pie Bars made with a buttery shortbread crust. Simple to make, these pecan pie bars will become a favorite!
Oh boy, do I have a treat to share with you! These Pecan Pie Bars are absolutely scrumptious and something I think you’ll want to make soon!
The shortbread crust topped with pecan pie makes an impressive addition to any holiday table or for entertaining. Even my pecan-pie-hatin’ brother-in-law loves these and my Mama requests them instead of Southern Pecan Pie now. (But, shhh don’t tell anyone or she might be evicted from the south)
Now, I love a good pie crust, but this shortbread crust is a delicious change with pecan pie that I think you might just love, too. Light, flaky, and so very easy to make that even if you are pie crust challenged, you can whip out these pecan pie bars and impress your guests.
Here’s my Southern Pecan Pie Bars recipe. You are going to love them!
- 1 recipe Shortbread Crust, unbaked
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup, light or dark
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ stick butter, melted
- pinch salt
- 2 cups pecans
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Combine the ingredients for the shortbread crust. Press into the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish and set aside without baking.
- Beat eggs. Stir sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, butter and salt into the eggs. Add pecans into the mixture and stir until combined. Pour onto crust.
- Bake until golden brown and just set in the center, about 30-35 minutes. Allow to cool about 10-15 minutes before cutting and serving.
I have to warn you though, these things disappear quickly! You may want to make extra!