This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
A while back, I was invited by Del Monte to visit with three families across the country to spend a day with each family learning about some of their favorite weeknight recipes and holiday side dishes. I’ve shared with you about my visit with the La Rose family in New Orleans and with the Dooley family in Atlanta. I’m so excited to be able to tell you all about my visit with the Richerts in Green Bay, Wisconsin!
You can imagine the excitement in the area when we arrived in Green Bay on a home game weekend, right? My plane was filled with folks headed into Green Bay for the game and I have to tell you, their energy was contagious! As we drove past the stadium on our way to the Richerts that morning, you could tell the tailgating at the stadium was going strong.
I had the best time with Gina, her husband and their two teenage children! They were so welcoming and I loved being able to spend time with them cooking and talking about family favorite recipes! Gina shared a recipe that she makes ahead and stocks in the freezer that her busy family of four just loves, as well as a favorite holiday side dish. I was able to share a quick and easy one-dish meal by Del Monte that I thought her family would enjoy as well.
Gina’s Savory Meat and Veggie Pasties Recipe
Gina customizes this traditional pasties recipe based on her family’s preferences. I love that she makes these ahead, stores them in the freezer so that she can warm them for an easy weeknight meal.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
– 1 pound lean ground beef or ground turkey
– ½ cup prepared barbecue sauce
– 1 can (14.5 ounce) Del Monte® Diced Potatoes, drained
– 1 can (8.5 ounce) Del Monte® Whole Kernel Corn, drained
– 1 can (8.5 ounce) Del Monte® Peas and Carrots, drained
– 2 uncooked refrigerated pie crusts
- Turn on oven to 350°F. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; add beef and cook until browned. Remove from heat; drain and return to skillet with barbeque sauce, potatoes, corn and peas and carrots. Stir until combined.
- Unroll one pie crust onto a rimmed baking sheet coated with cooking spray or lined with parchment paper. Spoon half of the beef mixture on half of the pie crust; fold crust over and seal edges with a fork. Poke the crust with a fork to allow steam to escape while baking. Repeat with remaining pie crust and beef mixture.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cut each in half before serving.
VARIATION: Pulled pork, chopped cooked chicken or roast beef can be substituted for ground beef or turkey, if desired.
Gina’s Sautéed Mushroom and Green Bean Casserole Recipe
Gina shares her family-favorite green bean casserole that she loves to serve throughout the holidays! So quick and easy, it also makes for a delicious weeknight side dish!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
– 1 tablespoon butter
– ½ pkg. (8 ounce) sliced fresh mushrooms (or 4 ounce sliced Portobello mushrooms)
– 1 can (10.5 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
– ½ cup milk
– 3 cans (14.5 ounce each) Del Monte® Cut Green Beans, drained
– 1 can (6 ounce) prepared French fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook mushrooms 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in soup, milk, beans and 2/3 cup onions. Pour into a 2 quart casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, 25 minutes or until heated through and bubbly. Stir; sprinkle with remaining onions. Bake 5 minutes longer or until onions are golden brown.
Game Day Cheddar Corn Casserole Recipe
For the Game Day Cheddar Corn Casserole, we’ve added even more cheese! Ham was also included to make this a one-dish, weeknight meal.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
– 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
– 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
– 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
– ½ teaspoon dry mustard
– ½ teaspoon black pepper
– 4 cans (15.25 ounces each) Del Monte® Whole Kernel Corn, well drained
– 1 ½ cups (8 ounces) diced ham
– 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into small pieces
– 1 cup sliced green onions, divided
– ¾ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Toss together cheese 1 ½ cups Cheddar cheese, 1 ½ cups Swiss cheese, flour, mustard and pepper in a large bowl. Add corn, ham, cream cheese, ½ cup of the green onion and milk; stir until well combined.
- Pour into a 9×13-inch baking dish. Cover and bake 30 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with remaining Cheddar and Swiss cheese; top with remaining ½ cup green onions. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
You can watch videos from our visits, if you’d like!