One of my favorite things about blogging has been all of the wonderful people I have met online and in person who have truly become friends. I feel so fortunate to have become friends with so many. I count Courtney Whitmore-Dial as one of my absolute favorites, too. Her infectious joy and exuberance for everything she does makes her a delight to be around.
I love seeing my friends gain success as they are doing what they love, too. Again, Courtney is a prime example. As the founder of the ever popular website, Pizzazzarie, Courtney’s love and skill for party planning have caught the attention of MarthaStewart.com, Access Hollywood Live, Target’s A Bullseye View, HGTV.com, Ladies’ Home Journal and many, many more.
Courtney’s newly released third book, Frostings, builds on her other popular publications, Push-Up Pops and Candy Making for Kids and is sure to be a hit. Showcasing Courtney’s flair for fun and styling, Frostings is definitely a must-have cookbook for the homecook and baker.
Courtney sent me a copy of Frostings and I have to tell you, the bright, beautiful photography by Kyle Dreier perfectly complements all of Courtney’s styling and recipes.
Just look at the Dedication page and Table of Contents. Doesn’t that scream FUN?
Courtney shares 40 recipes that include frostings, ganaches, and glazes perfect for any celebration.
Hello Whipped Grocery Frosting? You know, the frosting that everyone loves and never seems to be able to recreate at home? Courtney has it for you.
And Peanut Butter Cup Lover’s Frosting? Wha? Yes, please. I’ll take it!
But, when she asked me to share a recipe from the cookbook, I was immediately drawn to her Bananas Foster Frosting.
Here’s Courtney’s Bananas Foster Frosting Recipe. I know you’ll love it!
Bananas Foster Frosting Recipe
- 1 ⁄2 cup banana mashed (about 1 large banana)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons dark rum optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mash banana in a small bowl with lemon juice. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter until light and fluffy (about 1–2 minutes). Add mashed banana and beat for another 1–2 minutes until well mixed. Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time. Add in brown sugar, cinnamon, rum (optional), and vanilla extract. Beat for 2 minutes. Add
- more powdered sugar to thicken frosting or milk to loosen frosting.
Frostings Cookbook Giveaway
Congratulations to Shelley, comment #25!
One lucky member of the Add a Pinch community will win your very own copy of Frostings. To enter, simply leave a comment telling me about your favorite cake or cupcake.
You can also get a few extra entries with the following:
- Follow Add a Pinch on Pinterest
- Follow Add a Pinch on Google +
- Follow Add a Pinch on Twitter
- Subscribe by Email
- Follow Courtney on Facebook
Then head back to this post and leave a comment that you did for each entry you’d like to make. Note that each comment will count as a separate entry. Also, please note that only one entry per available entry method. Duplicates are subject to be removed.
Giveaway ends August 31, 2013 at 11:59 pm EST and will be announced sometime the following day. Winner will have 72 hours to contact me with their shipping information once notified by email of their winnings.