Little Buddy and I were making our Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe the other day when I confessed to him, “I’m really not wanting cookies. Are you?” His reply made me a very happy Mama. He said, “not really, I just like making them with you.”
Since the dough was ready for serious cookie making at this point, I looked at him with a bit of a grin and said, “let’s create something then.” Our Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownies were born.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownies
- 1 1/2 cups butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (12-)ounce package chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine butter and sugars together until creamy.
- Add eggs, milk, and vanilla and continue to mix well with mixer. (With my Kitchen-Aide stand mixer, I mix at medium speed)
- Decrease mixing speed and mix in flour, baking powder, and baking soda until combined.
- Increase mixing speed until all ingredients are well-combined.
- Remove from stand mixer and incorporate chocolate chips or your choice of ingredient using a wooden spoon.
- Pour into an ungreased 13x9 rectangular pan.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to sit on the pan for about 5 minutes before cutting.