This Cream Cheese Pound Cake recipe is a delicious family favorite pound cake loved for generations. Simple to make with only seven ingredients, this is the best cream cheese pound cake and makes a perfect dessert!
Pound Cakes have long been a much loved cake for dessert. I can’t remember a family reunion when I was growing up that didn’t feature one or two on the dessert table. And most of the time it was Mama or my Grandmother that baked them! Many times it was this Cream Cheese Pound Cake!
Cream Cheese Pound Cake Recipe
Mama has always made the BEST pound cakes! This Cream Cheese Pound Cake is a recipe she loves to bake a lot. It’s so simple to make with only seven ingredients and turns out perfectly every time. So moist and flavorful with the best hint of a golden crust on the outside. I love it so much it’s one of the recipes I shared in my cookbook. And she makes it so beautifully I asked her to make it in my video!
Here’s how you make it.
How to Make Cream Cheese Poundcake
To bake this cake, you will need these ingredients.
- 3 sticks of butter
- 1 – 8 ounce package of cream cheese
- 3 cups of sugar
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Allow your cream cheese, butter, and eggs to reach room temperature.
Cream together cream cheese, butter, and sugar until light and fluffy.
Crack eggs into a bowl and add one at a time.
Add in flour, salt and vanilla.
Prepare your bundt or tube pan.
Pour your batter into your prepared pan.
Level out your cake batter in your pan with the back of a spoon.
About now your house is smelling amazing!
You’ll bake until golden brown on the top and a cake tester or bamboo skewer comes out clean when inserted into the cake, about an hour and a half. You can follow my tips for how to tell when your cake is done.
Let it cool for 10 minutes in the cake pan, then turn it onto a cake plate to enjoy it while it is still warm. If not eating while warm, then turn it onto a wire rack to let it cool completely, then move it to your cake plate. It’s so delicious!
Other Favorite Pound Cakes
Like I said, my family loves pound cakes. Here are a few more of my favorites I hope you will try sometime too!
Here’s our favorite cream cheese pound cake recipe. You will love it!
Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- 1 1/2 cups salted butter, room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325º F. Spray a 12-cup Bundt or tube pan well with baking spray or grease with softened butter and dust with flour, making sure to coat well to prevent any sticking.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or using a hand mixer), beat the butter, cream cheese, and sugar until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition until well combined. Add the flour, salt, and vanilla and beat until well blended but do not over mix. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake until the top is golden brown, the cake springs back when lightly pressed, and a wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 1/2 hours. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes on a wire rack, and then turn the cake out onto the rack to cool completely.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.