This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Today, I want to welcome my niece Amy to share with us about some of her traveling essentials. Amy frequently travels for her job and has become quite the master at packing a carry-on suitcase for an extended trip across the country! Please give Amy a warm welcome! ~Robyn
A while back, Robyn shared a list of her current personal travel essentials and since I have been doing a good bit of travelling lately, I thought this month I would share with you a few of my favorite things that I have found very useful and practical when traveling or just for everyday! I love when you find something that fits your lifestyle and continues to be a go-to item. I hope you will share some of your favorite things with me as well!
- A classic bangle. I did a post a few months back on bracelets and ways to stack them. My favorite bracelet is this gold bangle that is light enough to wear and looks great alone or paired with several other bracelets. It also goes with any outfit and I prefer not packing a lot of jewelry when I travel so this bracelet does just the trick!
- Since I prefer not packing a lot of accessories on trips and keeping it simple, I love wearing this pearl necklace that goes with anything. Dogeared necklaces have been a favorite of mine for a while now but this one is one of my favorites. This dainty necklace has a single freshwater pearl on a gold chain (it also comes in silver) and is simple enough to wear everyday. Also-it has a great message on the card so what’s not to love?!
- Aquaphor. This stuff is amazing! I can’t leave home without it and when traveling it really helps keep my lips moisturized as well as any rough spots on my hands or feet. I use this religiously and keep the tub on my nightstand at home and the smaller size in my purse. It heals dry lips and any cracks faster than any other product I have found. It also has a great price and can be found at any drugstore.
- This roll-on perfume is also a favorite of mine due to its light floral scent and size. It can be packed easily or you can carry it around in your purse if you ever need a midday pick-me-up.
- Another traveling favorite of mine is dry-shampoo. This salon formula dry shampoo can be found at any drugstore and is my favorite due to the price, size, and how it lasts all day. It does a great job of making my hair feel fresh and clean when travelling and this bottle lasts forever!
- My favorite tee. I love finding a great tee that can go with anything from yoga pants, jeans, or shorts. This tee comes in many different colors and is light which is why it is a favorite of mine in the spring and summer. It is also a “looser” fit which I love wearing and is great when layering under sweaters as well. You can dress this tee up with a necklace or scarf and packing bonus: it doesn’t take up too much room in the suitcase!
- Scarves are one of my favorite accessories even in the spring and summer. There are many options that are lightweight and colorful which is why this scarf is a favorite of mine due to its pop of color. I love packing scarves on trips and wearing them out to eat or on the plane since you never know how chilly restaurants or the plane may be!
- Before I head out of town I like to paint my nails a very soft and neutral color. I have found this OPI “Bubble Bath” to be a go-to option for me. I love the soft pink hue that it gives off and it also comes in shellac as well if you prefer getting the gel done at a salon. Either way, this color is perfect for everyday.
- Finding a great bag to pack all of your toiletries in can be hard to find. Over the years, I have used a bag similar to this one by Kate Spade and I love it. It has lasted me forever and is very durable and packs well. Everything fits into it and it has great compartments for separating your makeup and other toiletries.
What are some of your favorite travel items?
Thanks so much for sharing all of your favorites, Amy! I absolutely love that Tory Burch roller ball perfume. I have a few other roller balls that I love for traveling, but that scent is just so fresh and pretty!
Thanks Robyn! Yes, the Tory fragrance is so light and fresh!
Love love the Tory Burch roller ball perfume!! I travel with this instead of regular sized perfume and don’t have to worry about my larger perfume bottles breaking!!
Thanks! I love not having to worry about anything breaking and it can also slip right into your purse!
These are some great tips, and I can’t wait to pack for my next trip! Thanks!!
Thanks so much! Happy traveling 🙂
Love this post, always love getting ideas to make packing for my trips better. Dry shampoo has got to be one of the great things ever. Haven’t tried that brand, will have to look for it next time at Ulta 🙂
I don’t know what I did before dry shampoo?!? Thanks!
Loving that Kate Spade bag! And I definitely love Bubble Bath..wore it for your wedding and I continue to love how it goes with anything! I need to try that perfume though! Love these posts Amy!! 🙂
Thanks Grace! That color always looks good on you! 🙂