This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Basil cream sauce over fettuccine makes a delicious meal. Lots of fresh basil and a bit of garlic makes this basil cream sauce flavorful and a favorite.
Y’all know how much I’m loving all the basil that I have coming in this summer. With all of the humidity we’re having, we’re also enjoying a bumper crop of it. And while I’m so blessed with basil, I’m using it as much as possible! I don’t want one leaf of the good stuff to go to waste!
Last night I whipped up one of my favorite dishes for a really quick supper – fettuccine in basil cream sauce.
It was absolutely divine.
And ready in 15 minutes!
That makes it even better in my book!
I know it is a recipe you will enjoy, too.
Plate up a bowl full and grate a bit of fresh Parmesan cheese on top and devour.
For an over the top dish, add a bit of salmon or slices of grilled chicken to the top.
And then just enjoy every single delicious bite.
Fettuccine with Basil Cream Sauce
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 5 tomatoes chopped (Roma or Plum recommended)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or broth
- 1 cup finely chopped basil leaves
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 16-ounce package fettuccine
- Parmesan cheese
- salmon or chicken, optional
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Heat olive oil and butter in large saucepan.
- Add garlic and saute for about one minute.
- Add tomatoes, chicken stock, and basil.
- Simmer over low heat until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in heavy cream, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Pour basil cream sauce over fettuccine and serve immediately.
- Additionally, you may add smoked salmon or slices of grilled chicken for additional protein.
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @addapinch or tag #addapinch!
Share it with the world!
I think I might just make this again tomorrow!
Love the simplicity and ease of this! Looks awesome!
Love all that fresh basil too. This pasta looks wonderful!
Looks delicious! Can’t wait to try! Thanks for another great recipe.
All of my favorite things! Pasta, salmon & basil! *swoon*
I officially have everything needed for this gorgeous looking dish and it is 100% saved! With that much butter and cream it is bound to be delicious 🙂 perfect summer evening recipe, lovely!
I’ve been needing some basil recipes! I’m putting this on the menu for this week. Thanks! 🙂
I saw your recipe last week and made a mental note…cooked this aMAZing pasta for dinner tonight with the addition of summer sausage, and EVerybody loved it, including my superpicky fourteen year old son. Thank you so much for a delicious new recipe to put into regular rotation. So quick, So easy, SO good!!!
This is a great recipe! I made this for dinner tonight and the Husband loved it! Also Sauteed some Portobello’s to go with it! Delish!