Y’all know how much I’m loving all the basil that I have coming in this summer. With all of the humidity we’re having, we’re also enjoying a bumper crop of it. And while I’m so blessed with basil, I’m using it as much as possible! I don’t want one leaf of the good stuff to go to waste!
Last night I whipped up one of my favorite dishes for a really quick supper – fettuccine in basil cream sauce.
It was absolutely divine.
And ready in 15 minutes!
That makes it even better in my book!
I know it is a recipe you will enjoy, too.
Plate up a bowl full and grate a bit of fresh Parmesan cheese on top and devour.
For an over the top dish, add a bit of salmon or slices of grilled chicken to the top.
And then just enjoy every single delicious bite.
Fettuccine with Basil Cream Sauce
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 5 to matoes chopped (Roma or Plum recommended)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup finely chopped basil leaves
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- salmon or chicken optional
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Heat olive oil and butter in large saucepan.
- Add garlic and saute for about one minute.
- Add tomatoes, chicken stock, and basil.
- Simmer over low heat until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in heavy cream, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Pour basil cream sauce over fettuccine and serve immediately.
- Additionally, you may add smoked salmon or slices of grilled chicken for additional protein.
I think I might just make this again tomorrow!