Fish Tacos Recipe – Made of flaky white fish, these fish tacos are ready in less than 30 minutes and always a favorite!
Fish tacos have to be one of my husband’s favorite kinds of taco recipes in the whole world. And these? Oh my, he can’t get enough.
And seriously, they couldn’t be easier to make.
I saute a flaky white fish over medium-low heat in a skillet with just a bit of olive oil. While my fish is cooking, I begin assembling the other ingredients for the fish tacos. Some recipes call for cabbage in fish tacos, but we really prefer lettuce. You can use whichever you prefer.
Then, I layer on the greens, pieces of the white fish, top it with my Sriracha cream sauce, and then add plenty of my pico de gallo!
Here’s my simple Fish Tacos recipe. I think you’ll love it!
- 1 pound flaky white fish
- olive oil
- ¼ cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 6 corn or flour tortillas
- 2 cups salad greens or shredded cabbage
- pico de gallo
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Heat skillet or griddle over medium heat. Drizzle olive oil and place fish onto griddle or skillet. Cook until fish reaches an internal temperature of 145º F. Remove and allow to rest for about 3 minutes before cutting into large pieces for tacos.
- As fish is cooking, mix together sour cream or Greek yogurt with Sriracha sauce in a small bowl.
- To assemble fish tacos, layer lettuce or cabbage greens inside the middle of a flour tortilla. Then add pieces of cooked white fish, spoon on Sriracha cream, then top with pico de gallo. Serve with a wedge of lime to be squeezed over fish taco before eating.