This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Vintage is in. One of housewares trends that is very popular is vintage-inspired and repurposed home goods. Retro is definitely in style right now.
I am such a sentimental girl. I cherish antiques from my grandmother. I adore family heirlooms handed down to me from my Mama or my husband’s mother. I get excited when I find an especially cool and rare vintage item in a store because I can just imagine the person that loved it many years ago. And I sometimes even love to repurpose items into what I think is a new and genius idea from what it was originally intended.
So, in other words, I love vintage finds and items I can give a second purpose in life. Other people do too – just look at any popular decorating magazine or home television show – or see the lines of cars waiting to get into “the” antique or flea market of the month! But with antiques and vintage things, you sometimes have to really be at the right place at the right time to find the perfect piece. And unfortunately, there are limited numbers of these genuine treasures.
Luckily, manufacturers and retailers have picked up on this popular trend. I am thrilled because if I need something that has that vintage look and don’t feel like spending a year searching for it in antique stores, I can go online or into a retail store and order a piece that looks like it’s been passed down for generations!
I’ve shared a few really fun vintage-inspired items as well as some repurposed ones. Love these!
- This Porcelain Bird Bowl looks like treasures my grandmother used.
- How cool is this Vintage Look Rug for someone decorating with antiques?
- Distressed Repurposed Wood Letter Art would look so good hanging in my kitchen.
- These Vintage Metal Food Storage Canisters could have been passed down from your mother!
- I am obsessed with these 1930s French Shop Metal Letters and want them in my office!
- This looks like the 1950s left this Backless Yellow Iron Stool to brighten up our kitchens!
- This Distressed Wall Clock looks so similar to one I’ve seen from 70 years ago!
- If my kitchen was done in retro decor, I’d grab this Smeg USA 1950s Refrigerator. Love!
I created an ideabook for Houzz with these and many more new vintage and repurposed items. I am so glad we can find these treasures so readily for our homes!
Love the bird bowl! I want the yellow stools!! And the frig reminds me of one that was in my grandparents basement! Thanks for sharing all these!
That clock should look good on any wall with a light color. I would go with that.
i love the old retro curve door refrigerator and the bird bowl ,i just love the older pieces ,it reminds me about the past when we would visit my grandparents homes