Pancake muffins make a great breakfast or treat for brunch. So simple to make, you get the ease of a muffin with the deliciousness of pancakes!
One of my favorite breakfasts to make for my family has always been a large batch of buttermilk pancakes. They always love them and they are just right for a warm, delicious, comforting breakfast. No matter which side of the bed, right or wrong, I got up from, pancakes always seem to perk up my mornings.
But, let me tell you about these pancake muffins. They are similar to ebelskivers, yet you don’t have to worry with standing over the pan on the stovetop and flipping them while they cook. The oven does all of the heavy lifting in this recipe, leaving you free to do other things that need your attention!
One recipe will make about 36 pancake muffins, making just the right amount to serve for showers, brunches or when entertaining guests over the weekend. But let me tell you, my favorite part about this recipe is that you can easily freeze these little babies to make your mornings super delicious and super easy.
They are so practical for those rushed mornings since you can just reheat the number of pancake muffins that you need in the microwave. Then, just dip them into warmed maple syrup and then pop them straight into your mouth! No forks needed for these little babies!
Here’s my Perfect Pancake Muffins recipe. I hope you love them as much as we do!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup melted butter
- maple syrup, warmed
- Preheat oven to 350º F oven. Spray a mini-muffin tin with nonstick baking spray. Set aside.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and pinch of salt in a medium bowl. Whisk together buttermilk, egg, and melted butter or cooking oil in a 2-cup measuring cup. Pour buttermilk mixture slowly into the flour mixture, stirring to combine as you pour. Allow to rest for about 3 minutes.
- Scoop pancake batter and fill each indention of mini muffin tin about ½ full. Bake for 13-15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve with warmed maple syrup for dipping.