My Grandmother’s Pineapple Squares were always one of my favorite treats. Simple to make, her pineapple squares are bright with pineapple flavor!
The other morning I woke up thinking about these pineapple squares. I couldn’t get them out of my mind. Rich, flaky, and full of that sweet pineapple flavor. I knew I just had to make them or they’d haunt me until I did.
And of course, I just have to share the recipe with you.
You are going to love them, too.
Simple, easy, and down right yummy!
Here’s how I make them.
Mix together butter, flour, and confectioner’s sugar and press into the bottom of a baking dish.
Bake until lightly browned. Remove from the oven and set aside.
Mix together your eggs and sugar. Pour in a can of pineapple tidbits along with the juice.
Add in your flour.
And then your baking powder and cornstarch. Mix all together well.
Pour on top of crust and then pop back into the oven.
I’m going to warn you, your kitchen is going to smell absolutely amazingly delicious and tropical during this step.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
Now, sprinkle liberally with confectioner’s sugar.
Go ahead, you can always use the excuse that it makes it look prettier that way.
Run a knife along the edge of your baking dish to help release the squares from the dish.
Then go ahead an make it easy on everyone and cut the squares so they can immediately gobble them up.
Cause they will.
Here’s Grandmother’s Pineapple Squares recipe.
Pineapple Squares Recipe
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (18-ounce) can pineapple tidbits with juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar for dusting
Pineapple Squares Crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Mix together butter, flour, and confectioner’s sugar with an electric mixer. Press into the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
Pineapple Squares Filling:
- Mix together eggs, sugar, pineapple tidbuts including their juices, flour, baking powder, and cornstarch until well combined. Pour over the baked crust.
- Place into the oven and bake until set, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Dust with confectioner’s sugar.
- Allow to cool completely and serve.