This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Y’all know by now how much I love simple recipes. While I enjoy spending the day in the kitchen preparing meals for my family, it’s just not reasonable for me to do that as often as I’d like. On those days, I love to pull out recipes I know I can prepare in a short amount of time that provide a ton of flavor. This balsamic chicken does the trick! In 30 minutes, my family can sit down to a meal that tastes like I’ve been in the kitchen all afternoon.
Here’s how I make it.
- 6 skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 onion sliced
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 can diced tomatoes 14-ounce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Heat olive oil in dutch oven or large skillet.
- Add chicken and sprinkle with garlic and lightly with salt and pepper.
- Add sliced onion.
- Saute onion and chicken, turning chicken to brown on both sides.
- Add balsamic vinegar, tomatoes, basil and oregano..
- Cover and cook until chicken is well-cooked, about 20 minutes.
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @addapinch or tag #addapinch!
Share it with the world!
Do you have a quick-fix, simple supper that your family loves?
I have a quick chicken recipe that gets a bit overused. I’m going to mix this one in, as I know those flavors would go over well with my family. Thanks!
Made this tonight! Fantastic! And an elegant presentation!
Yes, love the go-to recipes! Mine is chicken poppyseed casserole – serve it over rice.