This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
As the weather is getting warmer, I start thinking of spring break and fun things for my family to do over the summer. Immediately my mind turns to trips in our RV visiting favorite spots we’ve found before or discovering new places to explore. With a nine year old leading the itinerary, our evenings usually include sitting by the campfire making s’mores.
Just the thought of it had my son and me in the kitchen making one of our favorite cupcakes that we turn to time and time again for a quick, simple recipe that he loves to help me make – S’mores Cupcakes.
How fun is that?!?
We started with our favorite chocolate cupcakes. Seriously, those things are amazing! Then, we topped them with a large marshmallow and toasted them in the oven for just a bit. Then, we gave them a sprinkling of graham cracker crumbs to finish out the total s’mores cupcake flavor! They are perfect for serving at a party. If not serving immediately, store in an airtight container or under a cake dome. But, just realize that you may start getting requests for them more often than not!
Here’s how we make our S’mores Cupcakes.
- Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe
- 12 large marshmallows
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- Prepare chocolate cupcakes and allow to cool.
- Place a large marshmallow on top of each cupcake.
- Put into a 350 degree oven for about 2-3 minutes until marshmallow has enlarged.
- Only allow to brown slightly.
- Remove from oven.
- With the palm of your hand, press down on the marshmallow to allow it to spread fully atop the cupcake.
- Sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs.