This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Sweet and Spicy Roasted Pork Tenderloin is packed with flavor and has always been a family favorite. My grandmother’s recipe includes the perfect combination of brown sugar, tomatoes, onions, pepper and salt to make your palate dance with excitement.
Here’s how I make it.
Sweet and Spicy Roasted Pork Tenderloin
Kick your pork tenderloin up a notch with this recipe for sweet and spicy roasted pork
- 3 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1 1/2 quart water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 quart tomatoes
- 1 small onion sliced
- 5 medium potatoes quartered
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place tenderloin and 1 ½ quarts water in large sauce pan on medium heat. Cook until tender.
- Remove from broth and place in baking dish or roasting pan.
- Reserve 2 cups of the broth.
- Roll tenderloin in mixture of brown sugar, pepper, salt and flour.
- Add tomatoes, onion, potatoes, 2 cups broth, and ketchup.
- Bake for one hour at 350 degrees, or until mixture thickens slightly.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 3 minutes before slicing.
Calories: 417kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 111mg | Sodium: 643mg | Potassium: 1590mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 1045IU | Vitamin C: 44mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 3mg
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @addapinch or tag #addapinch!
Share it with the world!
I am making this tomorrow!!! I have all the ingredients and it sounds delicious!!
Just had pork tenderloin purchased from the Amish Farmers Market for dinner tonight (on the grill) LOVER it and for the first time ever my 2 kids and neice didn’t need ANYTHING extra/different in addition to what I prepaerd…bittersweet…they are getting older! This look really good and is totally different from all the ways I prepare it…will try! (Go Grandmom!!) Thanks!!!
This looks amazing. Love it. Can’t wait to make it.
This looks delicious. I am putting this on my cooking list for later this week.
I was just thinking of how I wanted to prepare a pork tenderloin I just bought. Thank you!!
A great sweet and spicy way to prepare it.