Sweet and Spicy Roasted Pork Tenderloin is packed with flavor and has always been a family favorite. My grandmother’s recipe includes the perfect combination of brown sugar, tomatoes, onions, pepper and salt to make your palate dance with excitement.
Here’s how I make it.
Sweet and Spicy Roasted Pork Tenderloin
- 3 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1 1/2 quart water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 quart tomatoes
- 1 small onion sliced
- 5 medium potatoes quartered
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pork tenderloin in 1 1/2 quarts water until tender.
- Remove from broth and place in baking dish or roasting pan.
- Reserve 2 cups of the broth.
- Roll tenderloin in mixture of brown sugar, pepper, salt and flour.
- Add tomatoes, onion, potatoes, 2 cups broth, and ketchup.
- Bake for one hour at 350 degrees, or until mixture thickens slightly.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 3 minutes before slicing.