Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup
Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup Recipe – Loaded with seasonal vegetables, this minestrone soup is made even easier in this slow cooker recipe! A definite family favorite!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time4 hrs
Total Time4 hrs 10 mins
- 2 cups carrots , sliced or 1 (15-ounce) can carrots, drained
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 2 cups green beans , ends trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium Russet potato , scrubbed clean and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans , drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can great Northern beans or canellini , drained and rinsed
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 6 cups homemade vegetable stock or store-bought
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Italian seasoning mix
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes , optional
- 1 medium zucchini , sliced
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked ditalini pasta
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach or 1 package frozen and thawed spinach
- grated fresh parmesan optional
Add carrots, celery, green beans, and potatoes to at least a 6-quart slow cooker. Stir in the canned beans, tomatoes, vegetable stock, bay leaves, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes. Secure the lid and cook on the low setting for 6-8 hours or the high setting for 4 hours.
About 30 minutes prior to serving, stir in the zucchini and the pasta. Remove the lid and stir in the spinach.
Serve warm with grated fresh parmesan, if desired.
For a vegan version of this soup, simply omit the freshly grated parmesan at serving. Gluten-Free:
For a gluten-free version of this soup, simply use gluten-free pasta. Make-Ahead:
Allow the minestrone soup to cool. Place into the refrigerator in an airtight container and store for up to 5 days. Freezer Friendly:
Allow the minestrone soup to cool. Place into freezer-safe container and store for up to 3 months. To reheat, allow to thaw in the refrigerator overnight and reheat over medium-low heat on the stovetop until heated throughout, about 15 minutes.
Serving: 2.5cups | Calories: 181kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 6g | Sodium: 760mg | Potassium: 524mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 6795IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 1.7mg