This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Italian Seasoning Mix makes a great seasoning mix to keep on hand in your pantry. A delicious savory addition to so many Italian dishes from spaghetti to lasagna or to sprinkle on chicken! It is an essential!
I love preparing my own homemade seasoning mixes. It only takes a few minutes and that way I know exactly what is in them and can easily customize them to my tastes. This Italian Seasoning Mix is just one example of the homemade seasoning mixes that I like to make and keep on hand!
Made with just a few ingredients that you most likely already have on hand, it makes it so much easier on those busy weeknights to add to chicken as it bakes, sprinkle in as I’m making spaghetti sauce, or even to just quickly add to vegetables for additional flavor as they cook. You can also use this in place of the garlic and other spices in my easy homemade Italian Dressing recipe. I comes together in a snap!
When I make it, I make sure to make enough to have a good little supply to get me through a few months. Since I’m using all dried spices and seasonings, it is shelf stable in the pantry as long as any of your other opened spices would be. Of course, I go through mine pretty quickly!
What Is In Italian Seasoning Mix?
To make my Italian Seasoning Mix, I use the following:
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- salt – You may choose to omit the salt in the seasoning mix and simply salt your dishes to taste once prepared.
- red pepper flakes (optional) – If you like to add a little heat to yours, you can include a bit of red pepper as well. I prefer to add the red pepper separately to dishes based on what I’m making.
Uses for Italian Seasoning Mix
This mix is an aromatic all-purpose seasoning mix that has a wide variety of uses in numerous dishes.
Can You Adjust the Volume of This Recipe?
With this recipe, you can reduce it to make less if you only need a little bit, make it as I have to have a good supply to last a little while or to share some with a friend. You can also increase the recipe to give as gifts!
Here’s my homemade Italian Seasoning Mix recipe. I hope you love and use it as much as we do!
Italian Seasoning Mix Recipe
- 3 tablespoons dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Add all of the spices to a jar and shake well to combine. Add a tight fitting lid to the jar and store in the pantry with other spices.