This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Steak Fajitas Recipe – Steak fajitas make a quick and easy meal perfect for weeknight suppers or weekend celebrations! Made with beef, peppers, onions and served with a stack of warm tortillas and condiments. They are always a favorite!
Hey friends! I hope you are having a wonderful week so far!
Have you felt a little busier, a little more rushed and even a little too hot to spend a long time in the kitchen every evening making supper? Well, me too! Since Sam’s started back to school, I’ve been finishing up some things for my cookbook, and Bart’s been busy at work…so we’ve been burning candles at both ends!
So I just knew this Steak Fajita Recipe would be just the dish for time-crunched suppers! It is easy and delicious and is a life-saver on rushed nights like we all have from time to time! It’s also just as perfect on the weekends to serve family and friends for a casual meal everyone enjoys.
Steak Fajitas Recipe
I like to take this amazing steak fajitas recipe even a little further in the time-saving and easy-peasy department. I like to prep it the night before when I know I’m going to serve it the next day.
Ready for my tip?
How to Make Steak Fajitas with Meal Prep Tips:
My steak fajitas recipe is perfect for easy meal prep to make weeknight meals even easier!
To meal prep my steak fajitas, I slice my peppers and onion and make my marinade.
Then, I place the veggies in one bag, the steak in another bag, add this tasty marinade to each bag, then zip it all up tight and give it a shake.
Next, I put it all in the fridge to marinate in these delicious spices overnight!
It’s ready in minutes when I cook it for supper the next evening.
Can’t beat that for quick and easy!
Here’s my family favorite Steak Fajita Recipe. I hope it helps you with supper when you are short on time. Most of all, I hope you love it as much as we do!
Steak Fajitas Recipe
- 2 pounds skirt, flank, sirloin, or hanger steak sliced into ½ inch strips
- 1 red pepper deseeded and sliced into thin strips
- 1 green or yellow pepper deseeded and sliced into thin strips
- 1 medium onion peeled and sliced into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 6-8 tortillas warmed
- Place the steak into a sealable bag. Place the peppers and onion into a separate sealable bag. Add the olive oil, lime juice, chili powder, ground cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, black pepper, and garlic to a jar with a screw top or tight fitting lid. Shake until well combined. Pour ⅓ of the marinade over steak, ⅓ of marinade over vegetables and reserve the remaining marinade in the jar for using when cooking the steak fajitas. Seal the bags tightly and refrigerate for one hour to overnight.
- When ready to cook, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pour the vegetables into the skillet and cook until just tender crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove the vegetables from the skillet to a plate and add steak strips to the same skillet. When the steak is cooked throughout (about 7-10 minutes), add vegetables back to the skillet along with the reserved marinade.
- Serve with warm tortillas and desired optional garnishes.