This Fish Taco Recipe is made with flaky white fish and delicious toppings. Quick and easy fish tacos are ready in less than 30 minutes and are always a favorite!
Fish tacos are one of my husband’s favorite kinds of taco recipes in the whole world. He absolutely loves this recipe. I’m with him on that. Not only are these delicious, they are on the table in less than 30 minutes, which makes them a quick and easy supper or fun option for weekend entertaining too!
And seriously, this fish taco recipe is so full of flavor and easy to make!
Fish Taco Recipe
Flaky, white fish make the best tacos I think. My family loves fish of all kinds, but some of our favorite kinds of white fish to use in these tacos are mahi mahi, halibut, or grouper. You can also use tilapia or cod. I prefer to choose a white fish that’s fresh and wild caught if possible.
How to Make Fish Tacos
To make them, you will need these ingredients.
- Flaky white fish
- Olive Oil
- Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt
- Salad Greens or Shredded Cabbage
- Pico de Gallo
Start by heating a skillet or griddle over medium heat. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil and place fish onto griddle or skillet. Cook until fish reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove the fish and allow to rest for a few minutes before breaking or cutting into large pieces.
While my fish is cooking, I mix up the sriracha cream sauce and gather the other ingredients for the tacos. My pico de gallo is made ahead in my fridge. Some recipes call for cabbage in fish tacos, but we really prefer lettuce. You can use whichever you prefer.
To assemble the tacos, layer lettuce or cabbage greens inside the middle of a flour tortilla. Then add pieces of cooked white fish, spoon on the Sriracha cream, then top with some pico de gallo. Serve with a wedge of lime that you’ll squeeze over the taco before eating. Delicious!
How to Make Sriracha Cream Sauce
The sauce we love with this recipe is super simple to make and so scrumptious too!
I take 1/4 cup of sour cream or Greek yogurt and mix with 2 tablespoons of sriracha. You can alter the amount of sriracha according to taste. If you have little ones or people that don’t like much spiciness in their fish taco, you can serve with my Avocado Crema. Both are superb!
What to Serve with Fish Tacos
In addition to the toppings in my recipe, many times I will add other condiments to go along with it. Sometimes I also serve with guacamole, my restaurant style salsa or mango blueberry salsa on the side, especially if I’m serving these for a weekend gathering and not just for supper.
More often than not, I serve Cilantro Lime Rice with these tacos for supper and for guests. It makes the perfect side dish!
Here’s my simple Fish Tacos recipe. I think you’ll love it!
Fish Tacos Recipe
- 1 pound flaky white fish
- olive oil
- 1/4 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 6 corn or flour tortillas
- 2 cups salad greens or shredded cabbage
- pico de gallo
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- Heat skillet or griddle over medium heat. Drizzle olive oil and place fish onto griddle or skillet. Cook until fish reaches an internal temperature of 145º F. Remove and allow to rest for about 3 minutes before cutting into large pieces for tacos.
- As fish is cooking, mix together sour cream or Greek yogurt with Sriracha sauce in a small bowl.
- To assemble fish tacos, layer lettuce or cabbage greens inside the middle of a flour tortilla. Then add pieces of cooked white fish, spoon on Sriracha cream, then top with pico de gallo. Serve with a wedge of lime to be squeezed over fish taco before eating.