This Cilantro Lime Rice recipe makes a delicious, flavorful side dish recipe! Pairs perfectly with fish tacos, enchiladas, burritos, or so many other Mexican dishes!
My sister makes the most amazing cilantro lime rice that I’ve ever tasted! It is a staple for pairing with Mexican dishes like my chicken enchiladas, flank steak with chimichurri sauce, fish tacos or even with my cilantro lime chicken. Talk about the perfect, flavorful side dish!
To make her rice, she uses the method of how our Mom taught us how to cook white rice. She brings chicken stock (you could use broth or water if you like) to a boil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven. Once the liquid comes to a rolling boil, she stirs in her rice, covers the pot and reduces the temperature.
While the rice is busy absorbing the chicken stock, she makes a fresh cilantro lime mixture. Once the rice has fully cooked and is tender, she fluffs it with a fork and stirs in the cilantro lime mixture into her rice.
To serve it, she tops it with fresh chopped cilantro and lime zest.
Talk about delicious! It is definitely a family favorite!
How to Freeze
Once cooked, allow to cool completely. Portion into freezer-safe container(s), label and freeze up to 3 months.
To serve, thaw in the refrigerator overnight, reheat and serve.
Here’s Wendy’s Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe. I hope you love it as much as our family does!
Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe
- 4 cups chicken stock or broth
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 1 cup fresh cilantro + 1 teaspoon chopped for garnish
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice about 2 to 3 limes
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- Add chicken stock or water and salt to a large stockpot set over medium heat. Bring to a rolling boil, stir in rice, cover the stockpot and reduce heat to medium-low. Allow the rice to absorb the broth and become tender, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, blend cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, and garlic. Pulse until just blended.
- Once rice has cooked, remove from heat and stir in cilantro lime mixture, along with 1 teaspoon lime zest. Fluff rice with a fork, top with chopped cilantro and remaining lime zest for garnish.