This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Cilantro Lime Rice recipe makes a delicious, flavorful side dish recipe! Pairs perfectly with fish tacos, enchiladas, burritos, or so many other Mexican dishes!
My sister makes the most amazing cilantro lime rice that I’ve ever tasted! It is a staple for pairing with Mexican dishes like my chicken enchiladas, flank steak with chimichurri sauce, fish tacos or even with my cilantro lime chicken. Talk about the perfect, flavorful side dish!
To make her rice, she uses the method of how our Mom taught us how to cook white rice. She brings chicken stock (you could use broth or water if you like) to a boil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven. Once the liquid comes to a rolling boil, she stirs in her rice, covers the pot and reduces the temperature.
While the rice is busy absorbing the chicken stock, she makes a fresh cilantro lime mixture. Once the rice has fully cooked and is tender, she fluffs it with a fork and stirs in the cilantro lime mixture into her rice.
To serve it, she tops it with fresh chopped cilantro and lime zest.
Talk about delicious! It is definitely a family favorite!
How to Freeze
- Cool. Once cooked, allow to cool completely.
- Place in Containers. Portion into an airtight, freezer-safe container(s), label, and freeze for up to 3 months.
- Thaw. Allow to thaw overnight.
- Reheat and Serve. Reheat in oven or microwave until warm and serve.
Here’s Wendy’s Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe. I hope you love it as much as our family does!
Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe
- 4 cups chicken stock or broth
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 1 cup fresh cilantro + 1 teaspoon chopped for garnish
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice about 2 to 3 limes
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- Add chicken stock or water and salt to a large stockpot set over medium heat. Bring to a rolling boil, stir in rice, cover the stockpot and reduce heat to medium-low. Allow the rice to absorb the broth and become tender, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, blend cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, and garlic. Pulse until just blended.
- Once rice has cooked, remove from heat and stir in cilantro lime mixture, along with 1 teaspoon lime zest. Fluff rice with a fork, top with chopped cilantro and remaining lime zest for garnish.
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @addapinch or tag #addapinch!
Share it with the world!
I just love the recipes you are sharing. The pictures are beautiful ! I have tried your cupcake recipes – specifically the chocolate one and they are a hit with my customers. Thanks a bunch!
Just tried this recipe out this weekend! While I am a good cook, I have not been able to master the art of making rice. This dish, however, turned out beautifully! My rice was a bit sticky, but I attribute this (and all my cooking issues) to the fact that I live in Laramie, WY at 7220 ft. The rice is great the first day, and even better as left-overs! I paired this with the cilantro-lime chicken. This is a great recipe for those looking to make their favorite restaurant-style cilantro lime rice at home! Thank you for sharing your sister’s recipe!
Can the left over rice be frozen?
This rice dish can be frozen. Make sure the rice has cooled completely and put it into a freezer safe container. It can be frozen up to 3 months.
This is soooooo good! Also very good with your chicken enchilada recipe. I haven’t found one of your recipes that I don’t like. Your cake recipes make me look like a star! Thanks!
So glad you love my recipes! And looking like a star when you bake something is always good! Thanks. xo
Your recipes hit the mark EVERYTIME I use them. Always a hit! I used this recipe for the rice base in your Steak Burrito Bowl that I made for a family birthday dinner tonight. It just added to an already great recipe. I did cut the broth in half with water, just cuz 😉 Everyone is looking forward to enjoying the rice tomorrow in leftover adaptations! I really like adding the blended sauce after. It was really tasty and wonderful and created a Fresh fantastic flavor!
Made this recipe tonight to accompany some fish tacos, and we LOVED it!! I will definitely be returning to make this again. Thanks so much for sharing!
Thank you, Sarah!