BLT Pasta Salad Recipe – Everyone’s favorite bacon, lettuce, and tomato has a fresh spin in this pasta salad recipe. Perfect for lunch or a light supper!
This BLT Pasta salad is the perfect twist on that classic bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich that we all love! Made with pasta, crisp bacon, spinach, tomatoes, red onion, mozzarella, and a light dressing, this pasta salad recipe is always a crowd favorite!
Now that the weather is much warmer, we are spending so much more time outside at the lake. Along with the warmer, lake weather we’ve been enjoying quick and easy meals that are packed with deliciousness!
This time of year also brings with it so many picnics, potlucks, reunions, and get togethers where bringing along a dish is the thing to do!
And friends, this BLT Pasta Salad is a sure fire winner on all accounts! ♥️
How to Make BLT Pasta Salad
Be sure to see the recipe card below for the full listing of ingredients, instructions, notes, and estimated nutritional information.
To make my BLT Pasta Salad, you’ll need the following:
- Pasta – I like to use either farfalle, spiral, or penne in this pasta salad recipe. It makes for a pretty salad but keeps all ingredients to a bite-sized portion.
- Bacon – Crispy bacon is so delicious in this salad! I love to bake my bacon in the oven for the easiest method. Then, allow the bacon to cool slightly and dice it for the salad. Use your favorite bacon!
- Tomatoes – I love to use grape or cherry tomatoes in this pasta salad. Depending on the size of the tomato, you can either leave them whole or slice them in half lengthwise.
- Spinach – I use baby spinach in place of lettuce in this pasta salad, but arugula also works well if that is what you have available or is what you prefer. The spinach is a bit milder than arugula, which can have a bit of a bite.
- Onion – I use a diced red onion. I love the color and flavor that it adds to this pasta salad. If you do not have red onion, you can easily use sliced green onion in this recipe.
- Mozzarella – if you can find packages of small, bite-sized mozzarella balls, they are quick and easy in this salad. If not, cut your mozzarella into bite-sized pieces.
- Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing – I use my quick and easy homemade balsamic vinaigrette dressing in this recipe. It is ready in minutes and so delicious. You can also use your favorite store-bought version if you like.
To make, add all of the ingredients to a large bowl. Pour in the dressing and lightly toss to combine. Serve with additional dressing on the side, if desired.
Tips for the Best Pasta Salad
Pasta – For a delicious pasta salad that will hold up, make sure that you do not overcook your pasta. You’ll want to follow the package directions for cooking your pasta al dente or until it is still firm when cooked.
Once your pasta has cooked, pour it into a colander and rinse it in cool water to quickly cool it down to prevent it from overcooking.
I like to use either farfalle, spiral, or penne in my pasta salad recipe.
Ingredients – Make sure that all of your ingredients are bite-sized and colorful. Even though I use fresh baby spinach, I like to make sure that it is sized just right for my salad. You may need to give it a quick chop to make sure that all of the pieces are just right.
I also like to include ingredients that vary in color and flavor. For this salad, I have included the green of the spinach, red from the tomatoes, purple of the onion, and brown of the bacon. The salad also has a mixture of flavors and textures that blend well together. The crunch of the bacon, creaminess of the cheese, and tanginess of the balsamic vinaigrette dressing meld perfectly together.
Rest – Once you have mixed all of your pasta salad ingredients together, allow the salad to rest a little bit for the pasta to absorb the flavors from the dressing and the other ingredients. You’ll want to serve with additional dressing in case some like their salad with a bit more dressing on it.
Make Ahead Friendly
This BLT pasta salad makes a great make-ahead recipe! Simply mix all of the ingredients together and reserve a bit of the dressing for serving. Then store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
It is delicious served cold or remove it from the refrigerator and allow it to sit on the counter for about 10 minutes before serving.
Other Favorite Pasta Salad Recipes
Here’s my BLT Pasta Salad Recipe. I hope you love it as much as we do!
BLT Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 (16-ounce ) package uncooked pasta, farfalle, penne, or spiral
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 (8-ounce) package Mozzarella cheese, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- Cook pasta according to package instructions for al dente pasta. Rinse the pasta in cold water and drain well. Add the pasta to a large mixing bowl.
- Add tomatoes, bacon, spinach, Mozzarella, and red onion to the pasta. Pour in 1/2 cup of the balsamic vinaigrette and toss to combine. Add more balsamic vinaigrette to make sure that all of the ingredients are well coated. Serve with additional balsamic vinaigrette on the side.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.