This deliciously easy peach cobbler is made with just six simple ingredients! The buttery crust bubbles up to top sweet peaches for the perfect dessert.
This peach cobbler makes the perfect quick and easy dessert that I turn to again and again. I love that I can make it using fresh peaches at the peak of peach season and that I can also use canned or frozen peaches just as easily.
My Grandmother’s Old Fashioned Peach Cobbler includes a double crust and dumplings and is absolutely divine, but does take a bit of time to make. While I still love to make her recipe, I have found myself turning to what Mama would call her “emergency peach cobbler recipe”. In other words, she had to have a dessert that she could throw together in no time that everyone absolutely loved. And friends, it is absolutely amazing.
Easy Peach Cobbler Recipe
As I mentioned, you can use fresh peaches, canned peaches or frozen peaches that you have thawed in this recipe, making it even easier to make anytime of the year!
How to Make Easy Peach Cobbler
Making this peach cobbler is an absolute cinch! You’ll only need six ingredients and about five minutes hands on time to make this delectable dessert!
You’ll need peaches, sugar, self-rising flour, milk, butter, and vanilla extract. That’s it. That’ll all it takes! Most likely these are ingredients that you already have on hand and can make this to serve for dessert tonight!
• Add your butter to a 9 x 13 baking dish and allow it to melt in the oven as the oven preheats.
• Add 1/2 cup sugar to your peaches in a large bowl. This will allow them to sweeten even more and make them even juicier for the cobbler.
• Whisk together the self-rising flour, the rest of your sugar, milk and vanilla extract until well combined. If you do not have self-rising flour on hand, you can easily make it at home.
Resource: How to Make Self-Rising Flour
• Once the butter has melted in the baking dish, remove it from the oven and pour the batter on top of the butter in the baking dish. Do not stir.
• Pour in your peaches (and their juices) on top of the batter. Again, do not stir to combine.
• Bake until golden brown and set, about 35 minutes.
Then, remove from the oven and serve warm.
Be warned though. Once you make this peach cobbler and serve it one time, you’ll need to be stocked for the rest of the summer to make this delicious treat!
Everyone will request it for the rest of the summer!
How to Store Peach Cobbler
Store any leftover peach cobbler covered, in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
To reheat, cover the peach cobbler with foil and reheat in the oven until heated throughout, about 20 minutes. You can also easily reheat in the microwave.
How Many Fresh Peaches are in a Cup
It takes 1 1/2 medium fresh peaches to equal 1 cup of sliced peaches.
This peach cobbler recipe uses 4 cups of sliced peaches, meaning you’ll need 6 medium fresh peaches.
If you are using canned peaches, you can substitute with 2 (16-ounce) cans of peaches, with their juices
If you are using frozen peaches, allow the frozen peaches to thaw and then proceed with the recipe as written.
Options You May Enjoy!
Here are a few options for your peach cobbler that you may also enjoy!
- Peach Cobbler with Ice Cream – Top your cobbler with vanilla ice cream for an over the top dessert!
- Cinnamon sugar – Add a sprinkling of cinnamon sugar to the top of your cobbler before you pop it into the oven to bake. It will smell and taste amazing!
Here’s my Easy Peach Cobbler recipe. I hope you love it as much as we do!
Easy Peach Cobbler Recipe
- Add butter to a 9x13 baking dish and place into the oven as it preheats to 375º F.
- Meanwhile, add 1/2 cup of the sugar to the peaches in a medium bowl and allow to sit while mixing the peach cobbler crust batter.
- Whisk together the remaining sugar, the self-rising flour, the milk, and the vanilla. Pour this batter on top of the melted butter and then top with the peaches and their juice. Do not stir.
- Bake until the cobbler is golden brown, about 35 minutes. Serve warm.