This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Cherry cobbler makes a simple, yet delicious dessert. Made of fresh cherries, this easy cobbler recipe is sure to become a favorite.
Since we toured around Williamsburg, VA and Washington, D.C. over the last few days, I’ve had an insatiable affinity for apple pie and cherry cobbler.
I know, I know, so cliche, right? Well, I can’t help myself!
The apple pie served at Shield’s Tavern in Williamsburg is enough to make anyone fall in love with apple pie, even if they never thought they liked apples! But, I decided that I liked my own cherry cobbler more than the I ordered during this trip. Nothing against the restaurant that I ordered the cherry cobbler, it’s just I prefer my own cobbler.
Since we walked a bajillion miles a day seeing all of the sites we can pack into the day, I decided we absolutely deserved this delicious cherry cobbler for dessert with our supper. My husband and father-in-law helped me with pitting the cherries. Since the cherry pitter in our motorhome was no where to be found, they got creative in pitting the cherries by hand with straws. That tells you just how much they both were looking forward to this cherry cobbler, doesn’t it?
Here’s my Cherry Cobbler Recipe. I think you’ll love it!
Cherry Cobbler Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter 1 stick
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 cups cherries pitted
- 1 teaspoon almond flavoring
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Melt butter in a baking dish.
- Mix together flour, sugar, milk, and almond flavoring and pour over melted butter. Do not stir. Pour cherries over other ingredients. Do not stir as batter will bubble up through fruit to create a cobbler crust.
- Place in oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve warm.