The Best Vanilla Cake Recipe!
The Best Vanilla Cake Recipe – A vanilla cake recipe that is quick, easy, and delicious! Made from scratch, this cake is perfect for every occasion!
It is finally here! The Best Vanilla Cake Recipe! This is the recipe that many of you have been requesting by emailing, commenting, and messaging me for some time now. As promised, here is the recipe that I think is the very best vanilla cake I’ve ever tasted!
And topped with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting? Oh my word! It is perfection!
The Best Vanilla Cake Recipe!
One of the (many) things that I love about this recipe is that it is versatile as any cake could ever be! It is perfect served with a thick coating of my chocolate buttercream or cut into pieces and served as part of a trifle and so much more!
To make my Vanilla Cake, I start by making sure that I’ve prepared my cake pans for baking. I recommend coating them butter and then lightly flouring the pans. You can also use baking spray, such as Baker’s Joy, if you like.
Once you have all of the cake batter mixed well, evenly distribute it among the prepared cake pans and bake until the cake releases from the sides of the pan and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
You’ll want to let your cake layers cool in the pans for about 10 minutes. I like to let them cool in the pans on my wire racks so that air can circulate well around the pan. Then, simply (and carefully) flip the cake layers out of their pans and let them cool completely on the wire rack.
The Best Vanilla Cake Recipe Options
Like my Chocolate Cake Recipe, this Vanilla Cake Recipe works well if with a few modifications as well:
As a Gluten-Free Vanilla Cake Recipe:
To make the cake as a gluten-free vanilla cake recipe, I’ve successfully used an equal amount of Cup 4 Cup gluten-free flour in place of the all-purpose flour listed in the recipe.
As an Egg-Free Vanilla Cake Recipe:
To make the cake an egg-free vanilla cake recipe, I’ve used 2/3 cup of unsweetened applesauce in place of the 2 large eggs in the recipe. You will note that you may have to bake the cake just a few minutes more. Be sure to check with the skewer for doneness.
Some people were having issues with the cake falling after baking, so I went back to the kitchen with the recipe and found that this variation of my vanilla cake tested perfectly for me as well as other recipe testers that I asked to test the recipe. The original vanilla cake recipe that I published was based off of my ever popular chocolate cake recipe, but I found that using my butter cake as a base produced the most successful results by a wider range of recipe testers. If you preferred the original vanilla cake recipe that I shared, simply use my Chocolate Cake Recipe and replace the cocoa powder with the same amount of flour.
Here’s my The Best Vanilla Cake Recipe! I hope you love it as much as we do!
The Best Vanilla Cake Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Prepare three 8-inch cake pans by spraying with baking spray or buttering and lightly flouring.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk through to combine. Set aside.
- Cream butter until fluffy and then add sugar. Cream together for about 8 more minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and mix just until combined.
- Add flour mixture and buttermilk, alternately, beginning and ending with flour. Combine each addition until well combined.
- Add vanilla and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Divide among pans and bake for 25-30 minutes until edges turn loose from pan and toothpick inserted into middle of cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes. Turn out onto wire cooling racks and allow to cool completely.
- Frost cake with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting.