No Bake Cookies Recipe – These simple chocolate no bake cookies make a perfect sweet treat. Made with cocoa powder, peanut butter, and oats, these cookies are always a favorite.
These classic chocolate no-bake cookies have been one of my favorite sweet treats since I was a little girl. I remember standing as close as possible to the stove when Mama would make these so that I could help in any way possible. From pouring in the oats, to carefully stirring as I got a little older. And then, when they were ready to drop onto the parchment paper, I was always eager to have that job!
BEST No Bake Cookies Recipe
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Easy recipe. This cookie recipe is so easy to make and perfect for beginning cooks.
- Delicious cookies. The perfect blend of chocolate and peanut butter in every bite!
- No bake easy! There is no need to heat the oven with this favorite, easy cookie recipe.
No Bake Cookie Ingredients
For these cookies, you’ll need sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, milk, butter, vanilla extract, salt, creamy peanut butter, and quick-cooking oats.
How to Make the Best No Bake Cookies Recipe
Making no-bake cookies is one of the simplest cookie recipes to make. There are just a few tricks to ensure they are perfect every time.
- Boil for 1 minute. Add your sugar and cocoa powder to a medium, heavy-bottomed saucepan. Whisk until thoroughly mixed. Add milk and butter and cook over medium-high heat. Bring to a rolling boil and boil for 1 minute. This rolling boil and boiling for 1 minute is the key! Otherwise, your cookies will not set properly.
- Add remaining ingredients. Add Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla, salt, peanut butter, and oats.
- Spoon cookies onto parchment. Drop cookies by tablespoons onto parchment paper.
- Allow cookies to dry. Allow to dry for about 10-15 minutes until the no bake cookies have become firm.
How to Store No Bake Cookies
To store. Place cookies in an airtight container and store at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Here’s the recipe for these chocolate no bake cookies. Grab some parchment paper and make them soon!
Chocolate No Bake Cookies Recipe
- Add sugar and cocoa powder to a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan. Whisk until thoroughly mixed.
- Add milk and butter and cook over medium-high heat. Bring to a rolling boil and boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, salt, peanut butter and oats.
- Drop cookies by tablespoons onto parchment paper.
- Allow to dry for about 10-15 minutes until the no bake cookies have become firm.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
From the Add a Pinch recipe archives. Originally published 2012.