No Bake Cookies Recipe – These simple chocolate no bake cookies make a perfect sweet treat. Made with cocoa powder, peanut butter, and oats, these no bake cookies are always a favorite.
These classic chocolate no bake cookies have been one of my favorite sweet treats since I was a little girl. I remember standing as close as possible at the stove when Mama would make these, just so I could help in any way possible. From pouring in the oats, to carefully stirring as I got a little older. And then, when they were ready to drop onto the parchment paper, I was always eager to have that job!
No Bake Cookies Recipe
I can’t begin to tell you how much I loved that my sister gave me the recipe for these cookies along with a saucepan and rolls of parchment paper at my recipe shower before I was married. She wrote a sweet note about wondering how many rolls of parchment paper we’d been through in our lives so far making these chocolate no bake cookies with Mama and how many we’d go through making them with our own children. To tell you I cried would be one of the biggest understatements I could make. Ever.
It was a full blown, running mascara, multiple tissue, ugly sort of moment. At my bridal SHOWER for Pete’s sake! The photos of that shower weren’t pretty at all!
I’ve not kept track of the rolls we’ve been through, but thankfully, Little Buddy carries on the tradition of helping when we make them.
How to Make Chocolate No Bake Cookies Recipe
Making no bake cookies is one of the simplest cookie recipes to make and one that I started making as a child and one that my own son started making early as well. There are just a few tricks to making sure that they come out perfect every time.
- Add your sugar and cocoa powder to a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan. Whisk until thoroughly mixed. Add milk and butter and cook over medium-high heat. Bring to a rolling boil and boil for 1 minute. This rolling boil and boiling for 1 minute is the key! Otherwise, your cookies will not set properly.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla, salt, peanut butter and oats.
- Drop cookies by tablespoons onto parchment paper.
- Allow to dry for about 10-15 minutes until the no bake cookies have become firm.
How to Store this Recipe
Store no bake cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Here’s the recipe for these chocolate no bake cookies. Grab some parchment paper and make them soon!
Chocolate No Bake Cookies Recipe
- 1¾ cups granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup milk
- 8 tablespoons butter cut into large pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- Add sugar and cocoa powder to a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan. Whisk until thoroughly mixed. Add milk and butter and cook over medium-high heat. Bring to a rolling boil and boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, salt, peanut butter and oats. Drop cookies by tablespoons onto parchment paper. Allow to dry for about 10-15 minutes until the no bake cookies have become firm.
From the Add a Pinch recipe archives. Originally published 2012.