Blueberry Strawberry Trifle Recipe – This classic trifle recipe is layered with vanilla cake, whipped cream, vanilla pudding and fresh blueberries and strawberries for a delicious, crowd-favorite dessert.
There are few desserts that are as perfect for serving crowds during warmer weather than this easy blueberry strawberry trifle recipe. It is most definitely one of my family’s favorites.
How to Make Trifle Recipe
I begin by adding a bit of my vanilla pudding to the bottom of a glass trifle bowl. (If you don’t have a trifle bowl, any large bowl will work! A clear glass will show the layers, which is always pretty!)
Then, I add a layer of half of the vanilla cake that I have cut into cubes. Next, I add a layer of about a third of the berries, then whipped cream, and then I repeat until the bowl is filled.
Now, I will say, many people go to great lengths to make sure that every layer of the ingredients shows in their trifle. I’m more of a toss it in there, add the next layer, and let’s get this thing served sorta gal. 🙂
For the top, I add my final third of berries to the top of the whipped cream. I love to add those final berries to the top right before I serve my trifle so that they look fresh and beautiful for serving.
Blueberry Strawberry Trifle Options
While I’ve included my absolute favorite way to serve this trifle, I do have a few options for you that might be helpful:
- Cake options – Rather than using the vanilla cake called for, you can also grab an Angel Food Cake from the grocery store bakery to use for the cake portion in this recipe. It tastes divine and is ready in a jiffy. Pound cake is also delicious.
- No Vanilla Pudding – You can simply omit the vanilla pudding in this recipe and simply use whipped cream.
- Non-dairy topping – While I prefer to use whipped cream in my trifle, some do prefer to use the non-dairy whipped topping that you can find in the freezer section of the grocery store.
Here’s my Blueberry Strawberry Trifle recipe. I hope you love it as much as we do!
Blueberry Strawberry Trifle Recipe
- Add sliced strawberries to a medium bowl. Sprinkle with the sugar and stir to combine.
- Assemble trifle in layers by adding 1/2 of the vanilla pudding to the bottom of the trifle bowl, followed by 1/2 of the vanilla cake cubes, 1/3 of the strawberries and blueberries, and 1/2 of the whipped cream. Repeat with another layer of the vanilla pudding, cake, strawberries and blueberries and the whipped cream.
- Top with the final 1/3 of the strawberries and blueberries just prior to serving.