Strawberry Cobbler Recipe
This Strawberry Cobbler Recipe is a classic Southern dessert! This easy strawberry cobbler recipe comes together quickly and bakes into a thick, sweet, yet still tart, strawberry layer topped with a cake like topping.
When strawberries are at their peak, we can’t get enough of them! We use them in our morning smoothies, topping our oatmeal, in my Strawberry Spinach Salad, and definitely, in those Strawberry Shortcakes that I’ve shared with your from the cookbook. Strawberries are by far Bart’s favorite fruit and one that I make sure to buy in bulk to stock the freezer so that I have them on hand all year long.
But my friends, let me tell you about this Strawberry Cobbler recipe. It is one of those recipes that just couldn’t get much simpler if I tried! It is made with just a handful of ingredients and comes together in a flash! It is one that I love to put together and then pop into the oven right before we sit down for supper if we have company over or even for our Sunday supper.
It is one of those desserts that takes hardly any effort on your part to make but is one that everyone always raves over. Cobblers have a way of doing that, don’t they? They are so comforting and satisfying that everyone just feels so welcome and special as they end a meal around your table.
And you know, that’s exactly how I want them to feel! Don’t you?
You make this strawberry cobbler in just a few easy steps.
As you melt your butter in a 9×13 baking dish, you whisk together your flour, sugar, milk and vanilla.
You then pour this batter into your melted butter (without stirring).
You toss your strawberries with just a little bit of sugar to bring out their sweetness and then spoon the strawberries into the butter and dough mixture. Again, you don’t stir.
Once you have added your strawberries, you pop your cobbler into the oven and bake it until lightly golden brown and it is set throughout, about 45 minutes.
As the cobbler bakes, the dough rises to the top to form a gorgeous crust on your strawberry cobbler. You can still see the hint of the strawberries popping through where they’ve bubbled as they’ve cooked.
I especially love to see it along the edges of the pan.
Yum! I could just dive right in! 🙂
I like to spoon the warm strawberry cobbler into dessert bowls and then add a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Talk about heavenly!
I hope you try my Strawberry Cobbler Recipe soon. I think you’ll love it as much as we do!
- ½ cup salted butter
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1½ cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups strawberries, hulled and halved
- vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Melt butter in a 9x13 casserole dish in the oven as it preheats.
- Whisk together the flour, 1¼ cups of sugar, milk and the vanilla in a medium bowl while the butter melts. Pour into the melted butter without stirring.
- Add the remaining ¼ cup of sugar to the strawberries, tossing to coat. Spoon the strawberries into the butter and dough mixture without stirring.
- Bake until the cobbler crust has turned lightly golden brown and the cobbler is set throughout about 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve, topped with vanilla ice cream, if using.