This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This easy Tortellini Pasta Salad recipe is a delicious favorite made with a homemade Italian dressing and on the table in under 30 minutes.
This easy Tortellini Pasta Salad recipe is a summer staple! Perfect for picnics, potlucks, reunions, or to make ahead for easy meals, this is a recipe you’ll turn to time and again!
Pasta salads are such versatile dishes. This delicious Tortellini Pasta Salad has been one of my favorites since my first taste! It’s a recipe my sister has made for years and shared with me. It’s perfect anytime, especially in the summer when I love to serve it for simple meals and get-togethers. You can make it ahead or whip it together easily, and can serve as a main dish or a side dish. Tortellini Pasta Salad is definitely a scrumptious recipe to enjoy often!
Tortellini Pasta Salad Recipe
A little different from other pasta salads, such as Macaroni Salad, this recipe is made with cheesy tortellini for an even more filling salad! You can easily add shredded chicken if you want, but this makes a satisfying meatless meal for lunch or a light supper and is a delicious side dish too.
How to Make Tortellini Pasta Salad
To make it, you’ll need the following:
- Cheese tortellini – refrigerated
- Cherry tomatoes
- Black olives
- Feta cheese
- Homemade Italian Dressing (or store-bought)
- Fresh oregano for garnish – if desired
Here’s how I make this delicious recipe:
- Cook the tortellini. Start by cooking the cheese tortellini pasta according to the package directions, making sure not to overcook.
- Prep the other ingredients. While the pasta is cooking, prep the rest of the ingredients to toss into the salad and set aside.
- Drain and rinse. When the tortellini is done, drain well, rinse with cold water, and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add other ingredients. Next, add the sliced cherry tomatoes, chopped cucumber, black olives, and feta cheese to the bowl with the drained tortellini.
- Pour on the dressing. Then give the Homemade Italian Dressing (or store-bought if you desire) a quick shake, and pour it on top of the salad ingredients.
- Mix. Then, mix all of the ingredients until they are well combined.
- Serve. Garnish with fresh chopped oregano, if desired, and serve. You can serve it immediately or chill it for a bit before serving. If serving chilled, wait to garnish with the fresh oregano just prior to serving.
We use homemade Italian Dressing, but of course, you can use your favorite store-bought. But I hope you give the homemade dressing a try sometime. It takes about 5 minutes to make and takes this recipe to a whole new level!
A bowl of this is a favorite for lunch or a side dish served for a cookout. It’s a favorite dish I make often!
Make Ahead Instructions
This salad makes a great make-ahead dish! Prepare as directed in the instructions and then wrap well or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Serve cold.
More Favorite Pasta Salads
Here’s my sister’s Easy Tortellini Pasta Salad Recipe. I hope you love it as much as we do!
Easy Tortellini Pasta Salad Recipe
- 2 pounds refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 medium cucumbers peeled and chopped
- 2 (6-ounce) jars black olives
- 2 (8-ounce) packages feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup Homemade Italian Dressing or store-bought
- chopped fresh oregano for garnish if desired
- Cook the tortellini pasta according to package instructions. Drain well and transfer to a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, cucumber, black olives, and feta cheese to the tortellini. Pour in the Italian dressing and stir until well-combined. Top with fresh oregano if desired. Serve immediately or cover with wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to five days.
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @addapinch or tag #addapinch!
Share it with the world!
From the Add a Pinch recipe archives. Originally published 2015.
This pasta salad looks fabulous! I used to hate pasta salad until a friend served me pasta salad made with cheese tortellini. It was great but I’m not sure it was as great as yours! I’ll be making this soon.
It is so, so, so good! I hope you love it, too!
This looks so yummy! Can’t wait to try it. What a great summer dish. Thank’s for sharing.
I hope you enjoy it, Debra!
I could eat this everyday! Quick, tasty, healthy! Perfect for workday lunch 😉
This tortellini salad looks amazing. I am not a fan of Feta Cheese~any ideas for a substitute?
Mexican Queso Fresco or maybe Fresh Mozzarella? YUM!
This looks really good. will try and make it this weekend.. It is a long weekend over here in Australia.. Plus, though winter, it can be so beautiful during the days, that you sit outside. Even if we can’t, this would be ideal. Thank you for the recipe. Marked it 5 Stars as sounds, looks and seems to keep everyone satisfied type recipe…
We made this for a party last weekend and it was a hit. I do think that next time I’ll make the dressing rather than using botted. Great flavors! Thanks for the yummy recipe. I pin so many of your recipes!
I’m so glad you enjoyed it! Yes, I always love the flavors in it more when I use homemade dressing as well. xo
Thank you for this delicious recipe! I purchased tri-colour (Spinach & Sundried Tomato Tortellini along with the regular white) I had all three colours for the Italian flag and it was perfect for our big Italian Sunday family gathering! The flavours were wonderful together.
I’ve made this with rotini and Good Seasons Italian and it was really good. But, I’m going to try with the tortellini now. I think this will just make it that much better. Thank you for the upgrade to my pasta salad!
Wow this sounds so very, very yummy! Thank you for sharing the recipe. It’s so good to see a great pasta salad recipe, and one that’s not full of mayo! Your homemade Italian dressing sounds very good. Will be sure to try it soon.
I hope you enjoy this tortellini pasta salad, Joan.
20 OZ. OF TORTELINI MAKES QUITE A BIT. fOR JUST WE TWO, i HAVE TO CUT IT DOWN BUT FIRST, I MADE THE FULL AMOUNT AND TOOK IT TO A SMALL POT-LUCK. NOTHING WAS LEFT FOR ME TO BEING HOME!!! EVERYONE LOVED IT. I’M MAKING IT AGAIN THIS WEEKEND WHEN THE KIDS WILL BE OVER.
I love that everyone at the pot-luck loved this tortellini pasta salad and hope your family loves it, too. Thanks, Renee.