Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing is one of the easiest and most diverse dressings. Ready in three minutes, it can be served with a salad, vegetables, or drizzled on top of fish or chicken for an amazing meal.
It has to be one of my favorite dressings to make and serve with a fresh salad or vegetables as a dressing or drizzle over fish or chicken. Once you’ve mastered a good balsamic vinaigrette, you can whisk it up in a matter of minutes and serve it alongside your meal with confidence.
Generally, depending on the oil that I’m using, I use the standard ratio for balsamic vinaigrette of three parts oil to one part balsamic vinegar. Of course, I always like to taste test my vinaigrette as I’m making it and sometimes I like to add a little bit more oil and sometimes a little bit more vinegar. It really is a matter of personal taste and depends heavily on the oil and vinegar that you are using.
I also do not routinely add sugar to my dressing, but again, depending on your tastes and the balsamic vinegar that you are using you may need to add a little sweetener to taste.
You can also make your balsamic vinaigrette using a few different methods.
- Blender – For a creamy, fully emulsified vinaigrette, I like to use my blender. It only takes a minute or two for the creamiest, most delicious vinaigrette dressings you’ve ever tasted.
- Mason Jar – A great method for making vinaigrette dressing is by using a screw top jar, like a Mason jar. You simply add all of the ingredients to the jar and then shake vigorously until the oil and vinegar in the vinaigrette have combined well. This is a great method for tailgating, RVing, picnics, and on the go as you can easily store the vinaigrette in the Mason jar.
- Whisk – Alternately, you can also use a whisk or a fork to make your vinaigrette in a bowl by whisking vigorously as you combine all the ingredients.
Regardless of the method you use to make your balsamic vinaigrette, I think you are going to enjoy having this recipe that you can pull together in no time flat!
Here’s my balsamic vinaigrette recipe.
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar (optional)
- ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in blender, turning on and off or using the pulse feature for 30 seconds. Taste and add more vinegar or olive oil to adjust to your taste. Add sugar at this time if needed. Return lid and pulse vinaigrette again for about 30 seconds until well-combined.
- Remove from blender and serve. If not using immediately, pour into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for a few days.