Taco Cups Recipe
Taco Cups Recipe – This Taco Cups Recipe comes together in 15 minutes for a fast, fun, and fabulous dish! Made with just five ingredients, plus optional toppings, it is sure to be a weeknight staple!
Tacos are no long just for Tuesdays with this delicious recipe!
If your family loves tacos nearly as much as mine does, then you’ll definitely want to be sure and grab this Taco Cups Recipe! It comes together and is on the table in 15 minutes for a weeknight meal that will make everyone happy! 🙂
TACO CUPS RECIPE
HOW TO MAKE TACO CUPS
To make them, I begin by cutting my tortillas into circles. For this, I used a 3-inch cutter to cut 3 circles out of my tortilla. If you’d like more tortilla with your taco cups, you can use a larger circle, maybe up to a 4 1/2-inch or so.
Then, lightly mist your muffin pan (excuse how old mine is!!!) with olive oil spray and place the rounds down into the bottom of the indentions of the muffin pan. I then like to give my tortilla rounds another spritz from my olive oil mister before baking in the oven for about 10 minutes.
While the tortilla cups are baking, I brown my ground beef along with a little bit of my taco seasoning.
Once the beef is browned and the tortilla cups are crisped, I filled the tortilla cups with my taco meat and top each one with whatever toppings everyone prefers for their tacos. In my house, we have a wide selection of toppings – pico de gallo, salsa, sour cream, guacamole, refried beans, but most of the time, we stick with Sam’s favorites as pictured: shredded lettuce, cheese, and diced tomato and red onion. Simple, yet satisfying.
I love to make these ahead of time for easy meal prep for super quick lunches and supper. Served with a side salad, this is a meal that my whole family truly loves.
MAKE-AHEAD TACO CUPS
To make them ahead, I like to prepare all of the ingredients and keep them separate. That way, I can reheat the taco meat quickly without feeling like the cups may suffer in the process. The taco cups keep well stored in a zip top bag or air tight container in the pantry.
Then, as I’m ready to serve them, I simple reheat the taco meat and assemble the taco cups and voila! Supper is ready!
Taco Cups Recipe Video
Here’s my easy as can be Taco Cups Recipe. I hope you love them as much as we do!
Taco Cups Recipe
- olive oil spray
- 4 (8-inch) tortillas
- 1 pound lean ground beef 92%
- 1 1/2 teaspoon taco seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Spray muffin pan with olive oil spray and set aside.
- Cut tortillas into circles using at least a 3-inch round cutter. Place the circles into the muffin pan indentions, making sure to lightly press them into the bottom. Spritz the tops of the circles with olive oil spray and bake until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brown the ground been in a skillet set over medium heat. Drain away any drippings and stir in the taco seasoning. Cook for another minute or so to incorporate the taco seasoning. Remove from the heat.
- Fill the cups with taco meat and then top with your preferred toppings.
- Serve the taco cups immediately.
Prepare all ingredients without assembly. Store baked tortilla cups in an airtight container or zip top bag in the pantry for up to 3 days. Store the browned taco meat in the refrigerator for up to a week. Prepare the optional toppings and store in individual containers in the refrigerator. To serve, reheat the taco meat and assemble the taco cups. Serve while warm.