These easy Shrimp Tacos are ready in 15 minutes, loaded with shrimp and fresh ingredients for the best shrimp taco recipe!
Shrimp tacos are a delicious and easy-to-make dish that can be enjoyed any time of the year. The combination of juicy shrimp, crispy cabbage, tangy pico de gallo, and creamy avocado is sure to delight your taste buds.
How to Make Shrimp Tacos Recipe
Be sure to see the recipe card below for the full listing of ingredients, instructions, notes, and estimated nutritional information.
- Tortillas – my family prefers soft flour tortillas, but you can corn tortillas as well.
- Shrimp – grilled shrimp that’s been peeled and deveined. Use the freshest shrimp possible – I like to use wild-caught shrimp.
- Avocado – medium to large size, pitted and cut into slices.
- Cabbage – choose shredded green or purple cabbage or use a combination. Bags of shredded cabbage can be used if you don’t want to shred it yourself.
- Sriracha – you can use more or less, depending on the amount of heat you like
- Sour cream – blended with sriracha for a spicy cream sauce
- Pico de gallo – made ahead and chilled in the refrigerator. Takes only minutes to make
- Salt and pepper – to season to taste
- Cilantro – fresh, chopped cilantro adds a delicious and fresh flavor
- Lime – cut into wedges to juice tacos before eating
- Preheat. Heat the grill or grill pan to medium temperature to prepare to grill the shrimp.
- Assemble ingredients. Gather all ingredients and assemble a make-your-own taco buffet while the grill is heating.
- Mix sriracha cream sauce. Combine the sriracha and the sour cream and mix well for the cream sauce.
- Grill the shrimp – Brush the grill or grill pan lightly with olive oil. Grill shrimp until it is pink and cooked well throughout, for about 5 minutes. Remove grilled shrimp and transfer to a serving platter.
- Assemble tacos. Make shrimp tacos by layering desired ingredients and drizzling them with sriracha cream sauce.
- Serve and garnish. Serve tacos with additional cilantro and lime wedges to juice over tacos before eating.
What to Serve with Shrimp Tacos?
More Favorite Shrimp Recipes
Here’s my shrimp tacos recipe. I think you’ll love it.
Shrimp Tacos Recipe
- 6 medium tortillas, soft or hard shell
- 2 pounds grilled shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium avocado, cut into slices
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 cup sour cream
- pico de gallo
- salt and pepper, to taste
- lime wedges, optional
- Assemble all ingredients as a make-your-own shrimp taco buffet while the grill heats to medium heat for grilling the shrimp.
- Sriracha Cream Sauce – Mix together sriracha sauce and sour cream to make sriracha cream sauce.
- Grill Shrimp – Brush the grill with olive oil and cook the shrimp until it is pink and cooked well throughout, about 5 minutes. Remove from the grill and transfer to a platter.
- Make shrimp tacos by layering assembled ingredients desired into your shrimp taco.
- Serve with additional cilantro and an optional lime wedge to squeeze onto shrimp tacos as they are served.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.