Shrimp Tacos Recipe
Shrimp Tacos Recipe – These quick and easy shrimp tacos are always a favorite. Made with delicious, tender grilled shrimp, pico de gallo in a soft taco.
Oh friends. Do I have the best recipe to share with you all today. It is for my favorite shrimp tacos recipe.
These shrimp tacos have been a long time favorite in my house and are on repeat throughout the spring and summer at my house. While this recipe includes a few ingredients, it really couldn’t get much easier OR more delicious!
As soon as we arrive at the beach, we always visit the local seafood market for fresh Gulf shrimp and then visit regularly throughout our visit for fresh-caught fish and more shrimp! 🙂
Since the shrimp only takes minutes to cook on the grill, I like to get everything else ready right before we throw the shrimp on the grill. That way, as soon as the shrimp is ready, we can begin assembling our tacos!
For our shrimp tacos, I like to arrange a buffet of all of the ingredients so that everyone can build their own. That way, everyone gets exactly what they like on their shrimp taco and nothing they don’t care for. Since Bart is allergic to avocados and I can’t get enough of them, this method works perfectly for our family!
For my shrimp taco buffet I have finely shredded cabbage, a quick and spicy sauce, pico de gallo, avocado, shrimp, lime and more fresh cilantro. For the taco shell, I like to use a soft tortilla, but hard shell works great too!
Here’s my shrimp tacos recipe. I think you’ll love it.
Shrimp Tacos Recipe
- 6 medium tortillas soft or hard shell
- 2 pounds grilled shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 medium avocado cut into slices
- 2 cups cabbage shredded
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 cup sour cream
- pico de gallo
- salt and pepper to taste
- lime wedges optional
- Assemble all ingredients as a make-your-own shrimp taco buffet while the grill heats to medium heat for grilling the shrimp.
- Sriracha Cream Sauce - Mix together sriracha sauce and sour cream to make sriracha cream sauce.
- Grill Shrimp - Brush the grill with olive oil and cook the shrimp until it is pink and cooked well throughout, about 5 minutes. Remove from the grill and transfer to a platter.
- Make shrimp tacos by layering assembled ingredients desired into your shrimp taco.
- Serve with additional cilantro and an optional lime wedge to squeeze onto shrimp tacos as they are served.
From the Add a Pinch recipe archives. Originally published 2013.