Shrimp Scamp Recipe – This easy shrimp scampi is made of shrimp sautéed in butter and olive oil, garlic, and tossed with pasta.
Shrimp scampi makes a quick and delicious meal that is ready in less than 15 minutes!
It is perfect for super easy entertaining, too. In just a few minutes you’ve got a beautiful plate of shrimp scampi that you can serve as an appetizer or even over a plate of pasta as the main course. I call that versatile!
Of course, you can always add a pinch of red pepper flakes to your shrimp scampi, if you choose.
And wonderful for those evenings when I want a quick, yet delicious supper without a whole lot of fuss, I know this is a recipe that I can turn to time and again.
It just never gets old.
Here’s my favorite shrimp scampi recipe. I think you should make it soon!
- 1 pound linguine
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chicken stock or white wine
- juice of ½ lemon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Set a large pot of water over medium heat and bring to a boil. Once it comes to a boil, add a couple of tablespoons of salt and the linguini. Stir to make sure the pasta separates and then cover. When the water returns to a boil, cook for about 6 to 8 minutes or until the pasta is not quite done. Drain the pasta.
- Set a large skillet over medium heat. Add the butter to melt along with the olive oil. Saute the garlic and red onion. Add in shrimp and cook until the shrimp turns pink, about 2-3 minutes. Remove the shrimp and pour in chicken stock and lemon juice. Increase heat to medium-high heat until the stock comes to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in the cooked pasta, shrimp, salt and fresh parsley. Lightly toss shrimp to make sure it is well coated.
- Serve immediately.