This delicious Baked Salmon with Parmesan Herb Crust is simple and one of the best salmon recipes! Made with four ingredients and ready in under 20 minutes, it’s perfect to serve any time!
Salmon has always been one of my favorite dishes. It’s simple to make and comes together quickly, but it is an elegant dish to serve!
I’ve raved time and again about my love for salmon recipes. Salmon is delicious, easy to find, and contains healthy omega-3. It’s versatile too since it can be enjoyed for brunch with eggs, on a salad for lunch, and prepared so many ways for dinner, including Grilled Salmon or this baked salmon recipe. Thankfully, my family loves salmon too, as this baked salmon is out of this world delicious and is a salmon recipe that I turn to time and time again!
Baked Salmon Recipe with Parmesan Herb Crust
Dinner is quick and simple with this salmon recipe. Made with only four ingredients, it comes together in less than 20 minutes. This makes it great to serve on a busy weeknight, but it’s still decadent enough to serve guests, too. Absolutely delicious, this rivals any salmon I’ve ever eaten at a restaurant.
How to Make Baked Salmon with Parmesan Herb Crust
Be sure to see the recipe card below for the full listing of ingredients, instructions, notes, and estimated nutritional information.
This baked salmon is one of my favorite salmon recipes to prepare – it is so quick and easy! To make this delicious dish, you start with a good quality salmon.
- Salmon fillet – I love to use about a 2-pound whole fillet.
- Garlic cloves – fresh garlic cloves add so much flavor to this recipe.
- Parsley – fresh chopped parsley adds brightness and fresh flavor to the taste and color to the finished dish.
- Parmesan cheese – adds so much flavor to the fish. You can omit the parmesan if you prefer.
Watch the Temp and Time
Temperature and baking time are important as salmon is a beautiful, delicious fish, not one you want to overcook.
Preheat and Prep. Preheat the oven to 425º F. While the oven preheats, line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and then place salmon on the sheet pan.
Bake. Cover the salmon with another piece of parchment paper and then bake it in the oven for about 10 minutes.
Chop and mix. While salmon bakes, mince the garlic, chop the parsley and Parmesan cheese, and mix it all together.
Sprinkle topping and return to oven. Next, remove the salmon from the oven and top it with the mixture of the Parmesan, garlic, and parsley. Pop it back into the oven uncovered and bake until the Parmesan melts and is lightly browned.
Remove from oven and rest. The salmon should register 135º F on an internal temperature probe. Then, remove it from the oven and rest for about 5 minutes. This allows for any carryover cooking before slicing and serving.
What to Serve with this Baked Salmon
So many side dishes pair beautifully with this salmon recipe. Here are a few that we enjoy with it.
There’s nothing like a quick and easy recipe to get you through those busy weeknights, but I especially love this salmon recipe when we have guests. Everyone loves it!
To store. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Properly stored, baked salmon should last for 3 to 4 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
Cooking salmon in the oven is a quick and easy, hands off method. I prefer using an oven temperature of 425º F for cooking salmon.
There are two simple ways to know when baked salmon is done.
1. Does the salmon pass the flake test? Gently press down on the top of the salmon fillet with a fork. If the salmon flesh easily separates along the fillet, it has finished cooking.
2. Check the internal temperature. According to the FDA, the internal temperature of baked salmon should register 145º F in the thickest part of the salmon when checked with an instant read thermometer.
Here’s my Baked Salmon with Parmesan Herb Crust recipe. I think you are going to absolutely love it!
Baked Salmon with Parmesan Herb Crust Recipe
- 1 salmon filet, about 2 pounds, left whole
Parmesan Herb Crust:
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425º F. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil for easiest cleanup.
- Place salmon, skin side down, onto lined baking sheet. Cover salmon with another piece of parchment paper. Bake salmon for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and remove top piece of parchment paper. Top with garlic, Parmesan and parsley mixture. Return to oven uncovered and allow to bake until the cheese has melted, the baked salmon flakes easily with a fork, and the salmon registers 135º F when checked with an internal thermometer probe, about 5 more minutes. The Parmesan cheese should have melted and lightly browned.
- Allow to rest about 5 minutes and serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.