This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This delicious Baked Salmon with Parmesan Herb Crust is simple and one of the best salmon recipes! Made with four ingredients and ready in under 20 minutes, it’s perfect to serve any time!
Looking for more delicious fish and seafood recipes? I think you’ll love my Shrimp Scampi, Fish Tacos, and Seared Scallops.
Salmon has always been one of my very favorite dishes. It’s simple to make and comes together quickly, but it is an elegant dish to serve! Whether serving this version with the savory parmesan crust, or my Sheet Pan Teriyaki Salmon with Green Beans, I prepare this favorite fish often.
I’ve raved time and again about my love for salmon recipes. Salmon is delicious, easy to find, and contains healthy omega-3. It’s versatile too since it can be enjoyed for brunch with eggs, on a salad for lunch, and prepared so many ways for dinner, to included Grilled Salmon or this baked salmon recipe. Thankfully my family loves salmon too, as this baked salmon is out of this world delicious and is a salmon recipe that I turn to time and time again!
Baked Salmon Recipe with Parmesan Herb Crust
Dinner is quick and simple with this salmon recipe. Made with only four ingredients, it comes together in less than 20 minutes. This makes it great to serve on a busy weeknight, but it’s still decadent enough to serve guests too. Absolutely delicious, this rivals any salmon I’ve ever eaten at a restaurant.
How to Make Baked Salmon with Parmesan Herb Crust
This baked salmon is one of my favorite salmon recipes to prepare – it is so quick and easy! To make this delicious dish, you need to start with a good quality salmon.
Here are some characteristics to consider when buying salmon.
Wild-caught salmon vs. Farm-raised salmon
I prefer wild-caught salmon over farm-raised salmon for several reasons:
- lower in fat and calories
- high in healthy omega-3 fatty acids
- feeds on natural ocean diet, not corn or grains like farm-raised
- higher in vitamin D and vitamin B12
- high in zinc, selenium, and other nutrients
- bright orange/red flesh
Once you’ve chosen your salmon fillets, here’s how you make this Baked Salmon with Parmesan Herb Crust:
- salmon fillet
- garlic cloves
- Parmesan cheese
Temperature and baking time are important as salmon is a beautiful, delicious fish, not one you want to overcook.
Preheat and Prep. Preheat the oven to 425º F. While the oven preheats, line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and then place salmon on the sheet pan.
Bake. Cover the salmon with another piece of parchment paper and then bake it in the oven for about 10 minutes.
Chop and mix. While salmon bakes, mince the garlic, chop the parsley and Parmesan cheese, and mix it all together.
Sprinkle topping and return to oven. Next, remove the salmon from the oven and top it with the mixture of the Parmesan, garlic, and parsley. Pop it back into the oven uncovered and bake until the Parmesan melts and is lightly browned.
Remove from oven and rest. The salmon should register 135º F on an internal temperature probe. Then, remove it from the oven and rest for about 5 minutes. This allows for any carryover cooking before slicing and serving.
What to Serve with this Baked Salmon
So many side dishes pair beautifully with this salmon recipe. Here are a few that we enjoy with it.
Garlic Butter Roasted Asparagus Recipe
There’s nothing like a quick and easy recipe to get you through those busy weeknights, but I especially love this salmon recipe when we have guests. Everyone loves it!
Here’s my Baked Salmon with Parmesan Herb Crust recipe. I think you are going to absolutely love it!
Baked Salmon with Parmesan Herb Crust Recipe
- 1 salmon filet about 2 pounds, left whole
Parmesan Herb Crust:
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425º F. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil for easiest cleanup.
- Place salmon, skin side down, onto lined baking sheet. Cover salmon with another piece of parchment paper. Bake salmon for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and remove top piece of parchment paper. Top with garlic, Parmesan and parsley mixture. Return to oven uncovered and allow to bake until the cheese has melted, the baked salmon flakes easily with a fork, and the salmon registers 135º F when checked with an internal thermometer probe, about 5 more minutes. The Parmesan cheese should have melted and lightly browned.
- Allow to rest about 5 minutes and serve.
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @addapinch or tag #addapinch!
Share it with the world!
Quick and delicious; thanks!
Super quick and easy! I salted the salmon lightly with garlic salt and pepper. I used skinned fillets and the steaks were fairly thin so baked for 7 min and then broiled until Parmesan melted. Turned out great! Thank you😊
Delicious! Works well with trout too. Thank you for sharing.