This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This delicious Skillet Zucchini is a favorite zucchini recipe and makes a perfect dish that’s ready in 15 minutes! So many dishes can be made with this versatile, favorite vegetable and this skillet zucchini recipe is simple one to make anytime!
Zucchini recipes are such favorites and make great side dishes, appetizers and even popular zucchini noodles in place of pasta. I especially love making them throughout the summer with those from my own garden or fresh from my local produce stand or farmer’s market. This Skillet Zucchini is a simply delicious recipe that makes a perfect side for so many other dishes!
Fresh vegetables make such tasty side dishes and are favorites for so many. Zucchini is such a prolific vegetable in my garden and is easy to find in farmer’s markets, produce sections and grocery stores. And this quick and easy Skillet Zucchini is a perfect way to enjoy this veggie and can easily become a main dish for lunch or a light supper. Dishes like this one are one of the reasons zucchini recipes are mainstays in my kitchen!
Skillet Zucchini Recipe
This dish is super simple to make and is ready in about 15 minutes. Here’s how I make it.
How to Make Skillet Zucchini
This can be served as a main dish, especially for a meat-free meal, and works perfectly over pasta. I serve it most often as a quick side dish.
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
Step by Step Instructions
- Heat skillet. First, add butter and olive oil to a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook. Next, add the zucchini and onion to the skillet after butter has begun to melt. Cook until the zucchini is tender and onions are beginning to turn translucent, about 3 minutes. Then add the tomatoes and thyme and stir. Cook until tomatoes are heated throughout.
- Season to taste. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve. Remove from stovetop and serve. Garnish with some Parmesan cheese if you wish, but it’s optional.
What to Serve with Skillet Zucchini
Here are a few of our favorite ways to enjoy this skillet zucchini in a meal.
- Vegetarian Option – Serve this Skillet Zucchini on top of cooked pasta or brown rice with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. If vegan, omit the parmesan.
- Chicken Side Dish – Serve alongside chicken for a delicious weeknight meal.
- Pork Chops Side Dish – Everyone loves these skillet pork chops and this is a perfect pairing.
More Favorite Zucchini Recipes
Parmesan Black Pepper Zucchini Crisps
Olive Oil Garlic Zucchini Noodles
Here’s my skillet zucchini recipe. Hope you love it!
Skillet Zucchini Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 medium zucchini cut into slices
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 medium tomato cut into thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add butter and olive oil to a skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini and onion and cook until zucchini slightly tender and onion begins to turn translucent, about 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, thyme and salt and pepper.
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @addapinch or tag #addapinch!
Share it with the world!
Just went to farmers market for the first time in a year. It was wonderful! Baby zucchini, young yellow squash, a few tomatoes, two cartons of strawberries, and a round loaf of sourdough. Prices breathtaking of course, but the experience priceless. Made for a sumptuous lunch with this recipe! I even had fresh lemon thyme, which has mostly served to perfume the air when the mailman stepped on it. I will process the berries as soon as I recover. and we’ll have them (with biscuit shortcake) for a late supper. Summer is here!
Lucky you! I love going to the farmers’ market, too, Kathleen. This sounds like a delicious supper.
This recipe is absolutely delicious! I added some sliced cherry tomatoes & it really enhance the flavor a lot. I also cooked twice the time, but probably only because I had more veggies than instructed. I’ll definitely use this recipe again.