Zucchini recipes are great year-round, but especially throughout the summer. This easy skillet zucchini recipe brings a stir fry flair to a weeknight favorite side dish!
I love making a quick side dish recipe of fresh vegetables. This time of year, the farmer’s markets, produce sections, and even our own garden are beginning to take off with so many options of gorgeous vegetables. My container gardens are full of blooms and baby veggies. Every day when I walk out with my cup of coffee in the morning to check the garden, they seem like they are growing exponentially from one day to the next. The zucchini, well, we’re going to be covered up when it finally begins coming in. I’m definitely not complaining one bit either. I know that side dishes like this skillet zucchini recipe – that can easily become a main dish for lunch or a light supper – are going to be mainstays around here!
It is super simple to make, too. I use a combination of butter and olive oil and then toss in my zucchini and onion and cook for a few minutes until it gets a little tender. Then, I add in my tomato slices, thyme and salt and pepper. That’s it! So simple, ready in minutes, and absolutely scrumptious. If you’d like to add a little cheese, Parmesan would be fabulous, but, it really doesn’t have to have it.
Here’s my skillet zucchini recipe. Hope you love it!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into slices
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add butter and olive oil to a skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini and onion and cook until zucchini slightly tender and onion begins to turn translucent, about 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, thyme and salt and pepper.