This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Grilled Zucchini is such an easy and delicious side dish! So tender and flavorful, this is a perfect recipe for this favorite vegetable!
Zucchini is one vegetable you will most always find in my refrigerator. We love it cooked so many ways and used in so many recipes.
But this Grilled Zucchini has to be one of my family’s favorite ways to enjoy this tasty vegetable. It’s always a definite crowd pleaser whenever I make it!
Grilled Zucchini Recipe
If you’ve read Add a Pinch for any length of time, you know that the simpler the recipe, the better in my book. I’m all about getting a delicious supper on the table without a whole lot of fuss.
How to Make It
To make this recipe, you will need:
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Salt and Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese (optional)
First, I like to slice my zucchini in about ¼ to 1/2-inch slices. However I slice it, I like for it to be consistent so that the grilling time is consistent. The thinner the zucchini is sliced, the quicker it cooks on the grill.
Then, place the zucchini in a long, glass or otherwise non-reactive pan. Pour the dressing over zucchini and turn the slices to make sure they are evenly coated. Cover and allow to marinate from 30 minutes to a few hours.
I use my Balsamic Vinaigrette recipe to marinate my zucchini slices in before tossing them on the grill. However, I sometimes use my Italian Dressing. Whichever dressing you use, both are delicious in this recipe! You just want to make sure to marinate the zucchini slices to be sure the flavors come through perfectly.
Heat the grill to 350º F. Place zucchini slices onto grill and cook about 5 minutes. Flip to grill the other side of the zucchini and cook until fork tender, about 5 more minutes.
Remove the slices from the grill with tongs and keep them warm until serving. If serving with Parmesan cheese, sprinkle on top of the grilled zucchini while it’s still warm. Serve and enjoy!
Here’s my Grilled Zucchini Recipe. It is a family favorite – I hope you enjoy you enjoy it as much as we do!
Grilled Zucchini Recipe
- 1 pound zucchini sliced lengthwise into 1/4-inch or 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- salt and pepper to taste
- shredded Parmesan cheese optional
- Place zucchini in a long, glass or otherwise non-reactive pan. Pour dressing over zucchini and turn to make sure evenly coated. Cover and all to marinate for 30 minutes to a few hours.
- Heat grill to 350º F. Place zucchini slices onto grill and cook about 5 minutes. Flip to grill the other side of the zucchini and cook until fork tender, about 5 more minutes.
- Remove from grill with tongs and keep warm until serving. If serving with Parmesan cheese, sprinkle on top while still warm.
- Serve warm.