Salmon Salad Recipe
Salmon Salad makes a delicious salad I turn to time and again. Ready in 15 minutes, it is perfect for a busy weeknight meal or for easy entertaining.
Salmon recipes are a weekly staple at my house. High in omega-3 fatty acids, salmon is one of those “superfoods” that I feel good about serving my family. From grilled salmon to making baked salmon in parchment in the oven, it just makes for an easy, delicious dish that my whole family loves, too.
Quick, good for you and the whole family loves it? You better believe I’m all over it!
And this quick salmon salad is absolutely one of my favorites. I start with my baked salmon recipe, which is ready in about 15 minutes from start to finish. As it is baking, I assemble the ingredients for my salad. I generally like to plan about two cups of salad greens per serving and for this salad I use baby spinach and a mix of lettuce greens as the base. Then, I like to add in some type of citrus, usually tangerines or jarred mandarin oranges depending on what I have available. I think it brightens the salad and balances out the flavors of the salmon well.
For the dressing, you can use any type of vinaigrette that you prefer. Based on my mood, I’ll tend to use a raspberry vinaigrette or even my balsamic vinaigrette. It depends if I’m in the mood for fruity or a more robust flavor or what I have on hand in the refrigerator. Ha!
To this basic salmon salad, you can add so many other elements. Thinly sliced red onion is delicious with the citrus in the salad and fresh berries amp up the sweetness, if you prefer. The possibilities are just endless.
I also like to make this salad on a smaller scale for lunch if we happen to have any salmon leftover from the night before. I let the salmon warm up slightly as I’m assembling the rest of the salad, but otherwise, do nothing to it. Talk about easy as can be and the perfect lunch!
Here’s my salmon salad recipe. I hope you love it!
Salmon Salad Recipe
- 1 recipe Baked Salmon
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 4 cups fresh salad greens
- 4 fresh tangerines peeled and sectioned or 2 cups jarred mandarin oranges
- 1/2 medium red onion thinly slices (optional)
- 1 cup fresh berries optional
- Vinaigrette Dressing for serving
- Prepare baked salmon according to recipe instructions. As the salmon is baking, assemble salad of baby spinach, salad greens, citrus fruit of tangerines or mandarin oranges. If using, add slices of red onion and/ or fresh berries. Place salmon filet on top of salad or break into large chunks and arrange on salad. Serve with dressing on the side.