Taco Soup Recipe
Taco Soup Recipe – So quick and easy, this taco soup recipe is flavorful and delicious! Made with ground beef, beans, corn, it is on the table in less than 30 minutes!
Taco Soup Recipe
I’ve always loved a good taco – they are easy to whip together with ingredients that you have on hand and they are always flavorful and delicious. This taco soup recipe is one that everyone I’ve served it to loves. You know how I can tell? They go back for a second bowl. 🙂
This simple, yet scrumptious soup comes together so quickly and is on the table in about 30 minutes. I love recipes like that for busy weeknights or even on the weekends when we know we’ll have friends over to watch football games or such. And while it is ready for quickly and easily, I’ve also made sure to have a slow cooker method for this soup so that you can whip it all together in the morning and then let it simmer away while you are at work or out and about so that it is ready and waiting on you when you walk back in the door in the evening.
The slow cooker method is also great when you are entertaining since you can do all the work well in advance of your guests arriving and then just pull out the toppings and serve whenever your guests are ready to eat!
I’ve heard it called so many names too when I’ve served it: taco soup, taco chili, good chili, and my favorite was “its like a taco and chili and something else all together”. In other words, it doesn’t matter what you call it, just make it! 🙂
For my taco soup, I use my homemade taco seasoning as well as my homemade ranch seasoning mixes. I generally have big containers of these seasoning mixes mixed together and stocked with my spices in my pantry. That way, I can quickly amp up any dish by adding a little bit of these seasonings. I love know exactly what is in them and I think it is so much cheaper to make my own than to buy those packets in the store!
Taco Soup Video
Here’s my Taco Soup recipe. I hope you love it as much as we do!
Taco Soup Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15-1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (16-ounce) can mild chili beans, undrained
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 1/2 tablespoons ranch seasoning mix
- 1 (4-ounce) can 4 ounces chopped green chilies, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste when serving
- Tortilla chips
- Sour cream
- Green onions chopped
- Cheddar cheese shredded
- Cook ground beef in a large Dutch oven over medium heat until browned, about 5 minutes. Drain excess fat.
- Add taco seasoning and stir until well combined.
- Add water and mix well. Add all other ingredients and stir until well combined. Bring to a full boil. Reduce heat to simmer and simmer uncovered until all ingredients are heated well throughout, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with tortilla chips, sour cream, chopped green onions, or shredded cheddar cheese
Slow Cooker Method:
- Cook ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat until browned, about 5 minutes. Drain excess fat. Pour the browned meat into the slow cooker. Add taco seasoning, water, black beans, corn, chili beans, tomatoes, ranch seasoning, and the green chilies. Stir until well combined.
- Cook on low setting for 6 hours. Serve with tortilla chips, sour cream, chopped green onions, or shredded cheese.
Store Taco Soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Allow the Taco Soup to cool and then store in a freezer-safe container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To make this Taco Soup vegetarian friendly, omit the ground beef from the recipe. Additional black beans or another type of bean may be used in place, if desired.
All images and text © Robyn Stone for Add a Pinch