Perfect Queso Recipe
Queso dip makes a delicious appetizer. Made with a special combination of cheeses and ready in 5 minutes, this queso will be a favorite!
While chips and salsa may always the first things we order when we sit down at our favorite Mexican restaurants, I’m anxiously waiting on the delivery of our queso, or cheese dip.
That’s a fact.
My husband knows me well enough to go ahead and place the order for it while they are asking what we’d like to drink. If we can order it as we’re being seated, all the better.
In reality, whatever we have to do to get this stuff to the table in the fastest way possible.
That’s probably what caused me to start making it at home with the frequency that I do. That, and knowing that fresh, delicious queso will be on the table in about five minutes, well, that in itself has definitely spoiled me.
But you know, I still have to elbow the rest of my family out of the way with my chip to get a bite!
Homemade queso is perfect for serving for everything from easy weeknights with the family to entertaining on the weekends. And for watching the big game, it is essential! Essential, I’m telling ya!
Easy as it can be, my recipe includes just enough “spice” with the jalapeno cheddar combined with the white cheddar and white queso cheese. If you have any problems finding any of these cheeses, just ask in your deli or dairy departments at the grocery store.
Here’s my Perfect Queso Recipe. I think you’ll love it as much as we do!
Perfect Queso Recipe
- 1/2 cup grated jalapeno cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated white American cheese
- 1/2 cup grated white queso cheese
- 1/2 cup half and half or whole milk
Double Boiler Method:
- Add cheeses and half of the half and half or milk to the double boiler over low heat. Stir as the cheese melts and add more of the half and half or milk until the mixture reaches the desired consistency. The cheese sauce should be thin, but still thick enough to coat a chip when dipped. Serve immediately or pour into a small slow cooker on the warm setting to serve.
- Add cheeses and half of the half and half or milk into large microwaveable bowl. Microwave for 3 minutes at 80% power, stopping and stirring after each minute. Remove from the microwave and stir vigorously to combine.
- If needed, continue microwaving an additional 1 - 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted thoroughly and ingredients are well blended. Serve immediately or pour into a small slow cooker on the warm setting to serve.