This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Shrimp and Grits Bites are a bite-sized version of the all-time favorite shrimp and grits. Made in a mini muffin tin and perfectly portioned for entertaining, parties, tailgates and more!
Shrimp and grits have to be one of our favorite dishes and these shrimp and grits bites are the perfect twist as a bite-sized appetizer! Succulent shrimp are cooked to perfection and then are sit on top of creamy grits that have been baked and perfectly portioned.
Shrimp and Grits Bites Recipe
I first shared this recipe in 2011, but recently decided to take new photographs to be able to show you step-by-step how to make these delicious nibbles.
How to Make Shrimp and Grits Bites Recipe
Make the Grits
• Prepare your grits using your favorite method, stovetop, slow cooker or Instant Pot.
Resource: Instant Pot Grits
• Spoon a rounded tablespoon of the grits into a mini muffin tin that has been prepared with non-stick cooking spray.
• Bake until the grits are golden brown and firm, about 25 minutes.
• Make an indention in the center of the warm baked grits with the back of a spoon.
• Allow the grits to cool completely in the pan.
• Melt butter in a skillet set over medium heat.
• Add shrimp and cook on one side until pink, about 2-3 minutes. Turn the shrimp over and cook until cooked throughout and pink.
• Add seasonings and parsley and stir to combine with the butter and shrimp.
Assemble Shrimp and Grits Bites
• Remove baked grits from mini muffin tin and place onto a serving platter.
• Top each with one shrimp, a drizzle of the butter sauce, and a sprinkle of fresh parsley for garnish.
• Serve immediately.
How to Make this Appetizer Ahead of Time
This makes a great recipe for prepping ahead of time for even easier entertaining!
• Prepare bite-sized grits through baking and cooling, remove from muffin tin and plate onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cover tightly with wrap and refrigerate up to 4 days.
• When ready to serve, bake the bite-sized grits in a 350º F oven until warmed throughout, about 5 – 10 minutes.
• Meanwhile, prepare the shrimp as directed above.
• Transfer the grits to a serving platter and top with the shrimp and extract parsley for garnish.
Here’s my Shrimp and Grits Bites recipe. I hope you love them as much as we do!
Shrimp and Grits Bites
- 2 1/4 cups cooked grits
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 36 medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon Stone House Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder optional
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Spoon prepared grits into mini muffin tin that has been prepared with non-stick cooking spray. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and press a small indention with the back of a spoon in the grits cup. Allow to cool in the pan for about 5 minutes. Remove grits to a serving platter.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium skillet set over medium heat. Sprinkle in the Stone House Seasoning and chili powder, if used. Stir to combine. Add shrimp and cook on one side until pink, about 2 – 3 minutes. Then turn to the other side and cook until pink throughout, about 3 more minutes.
- Place one shrimp on each of the baked grits. Spoon more of the melted butter on top of the grits and then sprinkle with additional chopped parsley as garnish.