This homemade granola recipe includes plenty of oats, nuts, and other delicious ingredients. Get this homemade granola recipe that will become a staple!
Homemade granola is a classic recipe I go to time and time again. With just a few basic ingredients you have stocked in your pantry, you can have fresh homemade granola full of the fruits and nuts your family loves. It’s so simple to make for a delicious breakfast or snack and makes a wonderful gift to share.
With the basics of oats mixed with your favorite nuts and dried fruits, you are able to create a various combinations of homemade granola. Some of my favorite combinations are pecans with cranberries and apricots, cashews with apples and raisins, pistachios with cherries, and sliced almonds with just about anything. And remember, this is your granola, add in what you like and omit what you don’t. Sometimes my son doesn’t care for the texture of coconut and I’ll leave it out and add a bit of brown sugar in it’s place. Have fun with it and find the combinations your family loves the most.
Here’s my homemade granola recipe. I hope you love it!
- 4 cups oats
- 2 cups nuts I prefer pecans, cashews, pistachios or sliced almonds
- 2 cups dried fruits chopped (I prefer to use two or three different fruits like cranberries, cherries, raisins, apricots, apples, or bananas.)
- 1 cup sweetened coconut
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325º F. Spray cooking spray on rimmed baking pan.
- Mix together all dry ingredients - oil, nuts, fruits, coconut, and cinnamon - in a large bowl.
- Mix together all wet ingredients - oil, honey, and vanilla - and pour over dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into baking pan and spread evenly.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes, stirring often.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes and serve warm or allow cool completely and store in airtight container.